Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing my latest Aero Jacket - Brown FQHH Route 66

Edward

Bartender
Yes, rather different than the Bootlegger.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=31

Pictures tell it best, but the only thing it really shares with the Bootlegger is the long, angled breast zip pocket. It's closer, imo, to the standard Aero Highwayman design (not the Original 59 Highwayman design). The front has a 'shirt' style collar, with straight zip - not the lancer front of the Bootlegger. The sleeves have a strap arrangement, something which the Bootlegger as standard does not. The back is plain, lacking the HWM's yoke, but otherwise closer to that in shape than the halfbelt back of the Bootlegger. It also has the rear action pleats on the sleeves, which the Bootlegger lacks. Really, the Bootlegger is, as I understand it, a Fifties HalfBelt with a different front, while the Route 66 is a different basis altogether.

Just to help those of us who don't know the Aero catalogue that well, the Rt 66 is similar to the Bootlegger, but with bi-swing back and cuff belts, correct?

If you are referring to the way the jacket fits, I was told that the Route 66 is cut very similar to Highwayman.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'm a big fan of the Route 66. I was on the verge of buying one from the factory sale rack - a beautiful cordovan number - but while everything else fitted, it was just too broad on the shoulders.

Edward

Bartender
I'm a big fan of the Route 66. I was on the verge of buying one from the factory sale rack - a beautiful cordovan number - but while everything else fitted, it was just too broad on the shoulders.

Yeah, the svelte guys like you are best off with the slimcut designs - leave the boxier stuff to we chubbies that can't get into those! ;)

Navin323i

Practically Family
Oh, what I meant was, it's not a strictly MC styled jacket as in it's not in the Aero Motorcycle Jackets section, but otherwise yes, with the shoulder gussets and all, Route 66 certain is more riding friendly than many Aero civilian designs. :)

Ahh... that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification, my friend. :)

I've been fascinated by the Route 66 as a kind of dual duty mc & street jacket. I wear my Aero 50s Halfbelt on the bike and I wear my Scorpion textile jacket out at night (when riding the bike, not just for the heck of it :) ), but neither is perfect in those unintended circumstances. I think the Route 66 could be a good compromise. Thanks for giving us a good look at it. Enjoy!

It was absolutely my pleasure to help you all out any way I can, and I agree with you that the Route 66 would be a good compromise. I'm definitely loving this jacket... thank you! :)

Just to help those of us who don't know the Aero catalogue that well, the Rt 66 is similar to the Bootlegger, but with bi-swing back and cuff belts, correct?

Correct, but also a few additional differences, specifically the front collar style is different between the 2 jackets and the back side is different in terms of the Bootlegger having the belt thing (half belt?)... my apologies for forgetting the proper terminology here... long day for me, haha! :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
Bootlegger..? I think not.
Here's my Aero Bootlegger. Different collar and zip configuration.

That jacket looks great on you, HD! Ahh yes... I forgot to mention the zipper as a difference too. Route 66 has a centered front zipper whereas the Bootlegger doesn't.

Yes, rather different than the Bootlegger.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=31

Pictures tell it best, but the only thing it really shares with the Bootlegger is the long, angled breast zip pocket. It's closer, imo, to the standard Aero Highwayman design (not the Original 59 Highwayman design). The front has a 'shirt' style collar, with straight zip - not the lancer front of the Bootlegger. The sleeves have a strap arrangement, something which the Bootlegger as standard does not. The back is plain, lacking the HWM's yoke, but otherwise closer to that in shape than the halfbelt back of the Bootlegger. It also has the rear action pleats on the sleeves, which the Bootlegger lacks. Really, the Bootlegger is, as I understand it, a Fifties HalfBelt with a different front, while the Route 66 is a different basis altogether.

Ahh good, I did indeed use the correct "halfbelt terminology" earlier. There is hope for me afterall, haha! :)

Thanks.
Older style Lucchese boots.
HD

Very nice boots! :)

If you are referring to the way the jacket fits, I was told that the Route 66 is cut very similar to Highwayman.

100% agree. Though I don't have a Highwayman, my Aero NYPD was made to be a NYPD/Highwayman hybrid, so that jacket and the Route 66 fit practically the same. :)

I hope you acquire this jacket soon, my friend. For a second, I thought you may have almost bought my Route 66 since it was also on the Sale section of the Aero website but mine isn't Cordovan. :)

Yeah, the svelte guys like you are best off with the slimcut designs - leave the boxier stuff to we chubbies that can't get into those! ;)

Haha! C'mon now Edward... we chubbies can certainly fit into the Route 66... fortunately the cut isn't too slim for this particular jacket. :)

Looks great Navin! Me likey very much!

Thanks Morrison! Hope you've been well, my friend!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany