Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction and safari advice

The Red Prince

New in Town
Hi there, this is my first post on the lounge. I thought I would introduce myself and ask for my first piece of advice.

I am from Australia and an Akubra lover. I have read a few posts on this forum and have found them to be helpful and well informed. I own an akubra stylemaster in light brown and one in grey. I also own a capricorn. I am interested in getting myself an outdoor safari style hat and therefore here is my question....

Which akubra to get as a safari hat? My ideal would be the khaki riverina but they now only make it in sand. I'm thinking of the coolabah. I like the kokoda but I think it is a bit too cowboy styled for me, a look I would like to avoid. Any advice?

Last edited:

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
I love safari style hats!
The hat on the right is a khaki Akubra Territory with a green puggaree I got from eBay.
eqeba4a3.jpg

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
The Coolabah is a nice hat and if you like it you should get it! I imagine it would look just as natural in the Serengeti as it would in the outback.

The attraction to the Territory for me was the 4" brim.

The Red Prince

New in Town
The Coolabah is a nice hat and if you like it you should get it! I imagine it would look just as natural in the Serengeti as it would in the outback.

The attraction to the Territory for me was the 4" brim.

Great! What do you think of the Riverina or Kokoda. Does anyone know if the Riverina is available in Khaki anywhere?

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
Every hat mentioned here is great and will last you for years to come! The hard part is choosing the one you want.

The only other color I could find the Riverina in is London (very dark) at Hats By The 100.

The Red Prince

New in Town
Thanks guys. I ended up getting a Coolabah from Sam at Everything Australian. I am really happy with it, the Crocodile skin is awesome. Luckily his warehouse is about a 10 minute drive from my house so I didn't have to pay for postage : )

RJR

I have a Coolabah and am very pleased with it.The Coober Pedy is another you might consider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy