Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction (with pics, hopefully!)

Grimstar

Familiar Face
Hello. This is my first post to the lounge, though I've been lurking here for a few days. I've always had an interest in vintage styles, but I never knew vintage clothing was so available (and cheap!!!) For anyone who would like to comment, how about opinions on this outfit (if the pics work...) One of my latest creations, nothing special, just a basic, working around the shop, kind of thing. None of the pieces were meant to be specific to a particular time period, just an interpretation of various vintage details that you don't see much in modern clothing.
Grimstar2000

And here's a view of the fishtail back...not something you usually see in denim!!
Grimstar2000

So what do you guys think? Hopefully I'll have some nicer and more appropriate stuff done soon, and can get some pics of it up.

Sorry for the long post. It's great to be here, even if I am the new guy! :rolleyes:

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Grimstar-

Welcome to the Lounge! And don't worry, that wasn't a long post, you should see some of mine.

That outfit looks great, a very accurate representation. Now you just need a jacket to go over it, maybe something in tweed. And where is your HAT?! Just kidding, it really looks good, the style suits you well.

-Jeremiah

Grimstar

Familiar Face
Oooops...

Let's have another go at those pics...sorry...lol
fishtailback.jpg

And the fishtail back, once again...
fishtailback.jpg

So what do you guys think, now that you can see the pics? :p

Grimstar

Familiar Face
Someday I'll get the hang of this...

Sorry about the double pic above...I'll get the hang of this sooner or later...
Some details, for the curious. The shirt is linen, pull-over or tunic style, neckband (could be fitted for detachable collars) and the trousers were just an experiment with some cheap denim I had lying around the shop. I wanted to see how a couple of style details would work with the heavier fabric. They turned out nice enough that I decided to wear them! Button fly; no cuffs, the material is too heavy for that; no belt loops, so it's braces all the way!

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Grimstar said:
NW North Carolina, near, but not in, Winston-Salem....out in the middle of nowhere...lol

Winston-Salem is the "big city" to those of us who live "west of I-77". I bet "my" nowhere is more nowhere than "your" nowhere :) Of course I like it that way. I'd be like a fish out of water anywhere than in the wilderness of NC :)

Grimstar

Familiar Face
Big Man said:
Winston-Salem is the "big city" to those of us who live "west of I-77". I bet "my" nowhere is more nowhere than "your" nowhere :) Of course I like it that way. I'd be like a fish out of water anywhere than in the wilderness of NC :)
You might be right. :p I'm east of I-77, but not very far east. I do like the peace and quiet of the countryside....although you do get more looks out here if you happen to wear a suit. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR