Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Workahol, welcome. The others are correct this will become an addiction.

3. This hat is not actually the one for me. I didn't pay enough attention to brim size, and on my narrow face a 3-inch brim makes it look like the hat is wearing me. It also makes me look and feel like a kid wearing his dad's hat, despite my grey hairs. And, I didn't pay enough attention to the ribbon, which is a bit more rugged than I was really going for.

Too large of brim for your face, not an issue. If you bought that you have two options: 1) Buy a rounding jack and cut the brim down yourself (raw edge unless you want to get into binding) 2) Send it to a hatter to cut down for you.

...it will go back to David Morgan with an apologetic note. I appreciate when a company offers a liberal return policy, but I certainly don't like to abuse it.

Don't worry about returning it. I picked up a Snowy River from David Morgan that had absolutely been abused by the previous owner, they took it back and put it in a used section and sold it to me for $60. It was my first hat and my goal was to reshape it myself. David Morgan is in Bothell, WA so only another 4 hours drive from Portland.

Welcome again!

workahol

New in Town
Or maybe you'll go the route of thinking "hmmm...this couldn't be too tough to make myself" and then you're doomed for sure, searching flea markets, antique stores and the internet for antique hatters equipment. Sourcing felt bodies, learning everything there is to know about ribbon. Using a dang sewing machine even.!

Oh, that's the last thing I need! I'm already a serial hobby-acquirer as it is. Between the project car, airplane, and two separate watch collections, I can barely keep up with all my interests already. Or as Steve Martin said, "When your hobbies get in the way of your work, that's OK. But when your hobbies get in the way of themselves... well."

Gunship

New in Town
Also welcome, workahol. As a relative newbie myself to the Lounge (not to hats, though), let me say that your future interest/hobby/addiction is only limited by your imagination & paycheck!

Resistolero

New in Town
I've been enjoying these forums for a few months, but this is my first post. Allow me to comebine my shout-out with a "what-am-I-wearing-today" photo. It's a 60's Stratoliner with the brim shaped in a western style. I just received the hat today, and the last owner's creases are still in it. I like it! Casual, but usually nicer than anyone else's hat in my vicinity.
2015-12-07_08-00-16.jpg

Last edited:

paradice

New in Town
hello hi im from england wear loads of hats,always a mustache and soul patch,love the look of doc holiday,val kimer in tombstone,so thats what i like to wear

Attachments

• 20220326_151806.jpg
    20220326_151806.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21