Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Irish caps

Cufflinks_Carl

Suspended
Baron Kurtz said:
Is there such a thing as an "Irish" cap? I thought Irishmen just wore flat caps like everyone else . . .

bk

Irish caps are not really flat to me as they are made out of 8 pieces so there is a relief.

The ones in the link you posted are generally called "flat caps" in the UK, and so far as i know in Ireland, too. certainly the few Irishmen i know refer to them as such. There is nothing particularly "Irish" about such a cap.

Perhaps one with a drunk Leiprech?°n on it would be better?

bk

Cufflinks_Carl

Suspended
Baron Kurtz said:
The ones in the link you posted are generally called "flat caps" in the UK, and so far as i know in Ireland, too. certainly the few Irishmen i know refer to them as such. There is nothing particularly "Irish" about such a cap.

Perhaps one with a drunk Leiprech?°n on it would be better?

bk

I saw that they were called irish caps on some websites.

I also saw newsboy caps. I assume that not only newsboys wear them either.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
We carry a large selection of caps from Jonathan Richards which are made in Dublin . They are great caps and were our best sellers durinf the holiday season. The only problem with them are once a pattern sells out, you cant duplicate it again. But as for quality, I think they are the best made today.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Pat_H

A-List Customer
I have a newsboy type hat from Hanna Hats, which is located in Donegal.

http://www.hannahats.com/

It's a very nice, and heavy, tweed newsboy.

Having said that, I'd note that their sizing seems to run large (which has been observed elsewhere here as well). That hat is also quite full, if you will. It's much fuller than any American made newsboy cap I've ever had.

I like it, but I wish I'd ordered it a size smaller. I rarely wear it, and if it fits well, it means I need a haircut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy