Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iron Heart/Aero Leather Collaboration

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
Hope this is of interest to you gents.

I just found out that two of my favourite brands, Aero Leather of Scotland and Iron Heart of Japan are in the process of producing a jacket together.

From what I know Aero has done such special series with selected brands many times before (like Sam Walker, or Ace Cafe), but I am still quite curious what the result will be.

News come up here and in their forum:
http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/news.htm

I certainly don't need another jacket, but...

jchosko

Familiar Face
wow! i can't wait to see pics of this jacket...but i shudder at the thought of how much it will cost since the black overdyed denim cafe racer by ironheart is already $500...i'm guessing $1000+ for sure.

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
I might be wrong but I can't imagine it being really that much different than Aero's current stock. I thought it might just be a way of introducing Aero to a whole new crowd of folks who would sure appreciated a good stubborn HH jacket. I am curious to see it myself though.

Giles of Iron Heart UK is buddys with Will from Aero and I'm considering going through IH UK for my Aero purchase purely because Giles and Will communicate and I'll get exactly what I want. Haven't decided what to do yet and I have some time to think about it.

Yes, IH is expensive but everything I've ever gotten from them was top notch and I'll probably do so again. Giles is class, his communication is excellent and he gets his product out ASAP. No problems with duties as of yet either...

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
Funny..I wear Iron Heart 21 oz jeans and have an Aero jacket on order. I wonder what they could have in mind??

Giles

New in Town
Aero?Iron Heart Collab

Hi there. Firstly, I hope that I am not breaching forum protocol, by posting.

The Aero/Iron Heart collaborations will initially be as follows:
1) Café racer
2) Café Racer but with highwayman collar
3) Half Belt but with Café Racer arms

We are still finalising details, but expect the following:
1) Heavier than normal FQHH
2) Larger gauge Iron Heart branded zippers
3) Iron Heart specific linings
4) 2 way front zipper

Whilst I am here, take a look here for news about the Iron Heart/Aero party:
http://tinyurl.com/Iron-Heart-and-Aero-Party

Oh, and just wait until you see the Iron Heart/Aero Collabs.

Giles

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
Welcome Giles! Personally, I'm glad to have your contribution. I would imagine there are a number of FL members that would appreciate some exposure to the IH line. It's good stuff! I owe you some pics of the things I've gotten over the last month. I'll get on the IH forum and make my contribution.

BTW, Congrats on being the catalyst between two companies that produce the most durable and well crafted wears on the planet.

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
"We are still finalising details, but expect the following:
4) 2 way front zipper"

.....now these details I did not expect and I'm diggin it. I like big zippers, why not? Two ways are better than one too. "Heavier than normal FQHH" -- some of us might want to pack a lunch to wear these things.

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
Tony No-Toes said:
...that's the set up :p

and a pair of White's. I personally also sport a good, but none too fashionable shirt and a TAD Gear Special Service Merino Sweater in the colder months to complete the set up.

it works!

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
eClairvaux said:
and a pair of White's. I personally also sport a good, but none too fashionable shirt and a TAD Gear Special Service Merino Sweater in the colder months to complete the set up.

it works!

Just got some Wesco two tone packers delivered today...close enough!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Giles said:
Hi there. Firstly, I hope that I am not breaching forum protocol, by posting.

The Aero/Iron Heart collaborations will initially be as follows:
1) Café racer
2) Café Racer but with highwayman collar
3) Half Belt but with Café Racer arms

We are still finalising details, but expect the following:
4) 2 way front zipper

Whilst I am here, take a look here for news about the Iron Heart/Aero party:

Oh, and just wait until you see the Iron Heart/Aero Collabs.

Giles

Around when will it show up?
And where?

Will I be able to buy from Aero, or from you?

Might be hard to answer, but aproximately, because im thinking of ordering
a cafe racer but might like to wait unless it will take a very long time to
make the first order.

Giles

New in Town
GriffDeLaGriff said:
Around when will it show up?
And where?

Will I be able to buy from Aero, or from you?

Might be hard to answer, but aproximately, because im thinking of ordering
a cafe racer but might like to wait unless it will take a very long time to
make the first order.

In the next 2-3 months.

First sample of the Cafe Racer has been made and given to Haraki-san (the owner and inspiration behind Iron Heart):

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=65.msg16843#msg16843

Will is currently working on first samples of the Cafe Racer with collar and the Half Belt with Cafe Racer arms.

Concurrently, the new hardware is being made.

All 3 will be available from Iron Heart UK (www.ironheart.co.uk) and Iron Heart retailers around the world.

Giles

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
So if one wants the small snap collar the differences from the Aero cafe racer is basically the zips and snaps and lining?

I thought there would be more of a makeover then that, I dunno why but
something like a thin natural colored line across the chest or something,
but the jacket is fantastic as is, and a doubble pull zipper would really be awesome.

//edit, I just remembered that they will have specially chosen thick skins. That will make them really special.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yeah thats gonna be cool, I always thought they were a little too abrubtly tapered into the zip (litte too big over the zip). It might be needed like that to be able to move, but its nice to hear that its considered to try and make them more fitted.

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
Get one Griff! I know you've been thinking on a cafe racer for a while. I remember you speculating on a aged Aero steer hide one a while back. The Aero IH will be like that on steroids.

That's great that we an hash the details all out in this thread. It will be a good reference resource for interested Aero/Iron Heart enthusiasts.

Giles, what are the color options on the heavy hides Will’s dedicating to the new jacket? Black's the obvious choice for my intersts but I know their brown FQHH is just as notorious. Also, is the lining going to be a denim option?
....It's ok if you don't want to answer the last one. You've given us quite a lot of info already and don't want to spoil any suprises.

I'l like to see this zipper as soon as it's ready to be shown. I have to say, I like the idea of an industrial gauge two way zipper on this design.

Giles

New in Town
Tony,

Yes black for definite. I have not discussed other colour options with Haraki yet, but he is over here on 11th July for the joint Iron Heart/Aero party. Will, Haraki and I will thrash out the final details that weekend (BTW, any of you are welcome to come to the party - link at the bottom of this post).

Haraki is thinking of a black quilted lining similar to that in the IHSH-17 (http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/IHSH-17.html).

I should be in a position to pop some images of the label, zipper and button up here tomorrow.

Giles

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Tony No-Toes said:
Get one Griff! I know you've been thinking on a cafe racer for a while. I remember you speculating on a aged Aero steer hide one a while back. The Aero IH will be like that on steroids.

Yeah.

Problem Is that its supposed to be a summer jacket.
I got the cheyenne and the Highwayman(soon) so another heavy hide
jacket isnt really top on the list right now. Its always interesting for the future tho.

I am also very much attracted to the aged tan color.
I felt I need to have it the moment I saw it.
Im not sure I can give it up just yet. Maybe a tan first and a black later.
I gotta see the pics of the IH/aero first to really know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda