Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Simmons Bilt still open?

Minnesota woodsman

New in Town
I placed an order a month ago. The leather I selected was out of stock. Debs kindly referred me to other leather options. She told me that she is working reduced hours. 14 emails back and forth and I still don't have a timeline for when my jacket will be made. I have not attempted to call.

zebedee

One Too Many
I placed an order a month ago. The leather I selected was out of stock. Debs kindly referred me to other leather options. She told me that she is working reduced hours. 14 emails back and forth and I still don't have a timeline for when my jacket will be made. I have not attempted to call.

I'd leave it a few weeks. If you've sent that many emails she/the company either isn't equipped to fulfil the order yet or there's not enough of a regular crew to process things. If they're a small company (and they very much are, people say), in all likelihood the pandemic has overwhelmed them. Regardless of the regular objections to them, the jacket they built me was fantastic and Debs was great to work with. Timelines for everything are fairly shot in lots of places in the UK. It's a case of waiting. Of course, if a second wave hits, I doubt that much will happen before January.

Minnesota woodsman

New in Town
Zebedee, you're right. These are unique circumstances we're living. I should clarify 14 messages total from both sides with an effort on their part to get the fit correct. Debs has been friendly as can be. I'm off work for the summer, so I have lots of time to anxiously await my first custom jacket.

Mich486

One Too Many
Covid or not if every customer they get is taking over 14 emails to finalise an order no wonder there are delays!

The jackets aren’t cheap but not as expensive as a car or house either :)

zebedee

One Too Many
Zebedee, you're right. These are unique circumstances we're living. I should clarify 14 messages total from both sides with an effort on their part to get the fit correct. Debs has been friendly as can be. I'm off work for the summer, so I have lots of time to anxiously await my first custom jacket.
My SB was great. My Aeros have also been fantastic, and, while I prefer Aero's designs (this will invite some jostling), SB jackets are solid. I'm 95% an Aero customer to the exclusion of other brands (they fit what I'm willing to spend), but I think that SB's Statesman is a very nice jacket indeed. I have to be quite firm on not ordering one.

Debs was very nice to deal with and I think 7 forward and backward is normal. I'm sure I've worn folks at Aero's patience with my email volley (although I was told that I was not as difficult as some)- but we're all in the grip of 'getting it exactly right' which is what causes the pain. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff