Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is that a pen in your pocket?

D

DeaconKC

Looking at this thread, I've noticed we seem to have 2 categories of pen here. Some that deserve a little extra "attention" [ my striated Sheaffers, for example] that we want to show off, and our "working" pens [the Pelikans, Lamy 2000s etc]. Or is it just me?

mister7

Familiar Face
A little of both!

This is my coolest pen and it is a liquid ink rollerball. I earned it as a bonus doing construction work, my customer knew I like nice pens and gave it to me. I am careful with it, mostly because it's worth a mint, but I use it a lot.

KR_Spark_Moray_RB.jpg

It is a Krone Sparc in the Moray color. I lifted this picture from Joon Pens, so I want to give credit where it is due. Joon is a great shop, very complete range of stock.

I have written notes on 2x4's and dirty pieces of cardboard with it, I doubt anyone with a fountain pen of similar value would be subjecting it (or any fountain pen for that matter) to that kind of use. If you need to write on dirty or rough surfaces liquid ink rollerball pens are pretty tough to beat!

Another thing I really like about it is its a large pen. My hands aren't giant by any means, I can JUST palm a basketball, but big pens are easier for me to hold and write with.

By the way, I like to keep my pens in a leather case and carry it in my pants packet on a day to day basis. If I'm dressed up and my suit jacket has a ticket pocket I will usually keep it there.

mister7 said:
This is my coolest pen and it is a liquid ink rollerball. I earned it as a bonus doing construction work, my customer knew I like nice pens and gave it to me. I am careful with it, mostly because it's worth a mint, but I use it a lot.

KR_Spark_Moray_RB.jpg

It is a Krone Sparc in the Moray color. I lifted this picture from Joon Pens, so I want to give credit where it is due. Joon is a great shop, very complete range of stock.
i like that hammered metal look.

Celibrate our tools.

There comes a time when even the biggest pen buff has to use other pens. One of the pen magazines did a tribute to the Sharpie marker and one point coame up that stuck with me.

A sharpie can write on some things other pens can't, like writing on the aluminum foil you used to cover a bowl of food prior to sticking it in the freezer. That got me!

freebird

Practically Family
John in Covina said:
There comes a time when even the biggest pen buff has to use other pens. One of the pen magazines did a tribute to the Sharpie marker and one point coame up that stuck with me.

A sharpie can write on some things other pens can't, like writing on the aluminum foil you used to cover a bowl of food prior to sticking it in the freezer. That got me!

or dvd's of taped vintage movies.

InspectorMorse

One of the Regulars
I would not wear a pen on the outside... looks great the desk on in hand, but not to be flashed.... and BTW. I also love the Mont Blancs...it is wonderful to visit one of their store and see their collections!

Highlander

A-List Customer
Interesting, in the High School Graduation photo of my Grandfather(Circa 1920), he is dressed in a nice suit, and has his Fountain Pen in his outside Jacket Pocket. I have done that. It does look rather 1920s...

But, I do opt for it in my inside jacket pocket or my shirt pocket.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Highlander said:
Interesting, in the High School Graduation photo of my Grandfather(Circa 1920), he is dressed in a nice suit, and has his Fountain Pen in his outside Jacket Pocket. I have done that. It does look rather 1920s...

But, I do opt for it in my inside jacket pocket or my shirt pocket.

But if it's a graduation photo - the pen might've been a graduation present received moments before the photo was taken that he wanted to proudly show off...

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
John in Covina said:

Ditto Ziploc bags in the fridge or freezer. And self-burned CD's / DVD's (although I love doing "vintagey" looking things with Lightscribe disks - the background's already sort of a sepia tone). And with the gold & silver Sharpies, you can write a note on a wine bottle used as a special gift.

So agreed - there are some places using a fountain pen won't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR