Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is the length on these pants right for boot cut jeans?

Lorinz

Familiar Face
I got this pair of jeans professionally hemmed by a tailor, and I was wondering if they look too short to be boot cut jeans or are they the right length? I had my friend take photos for me, it wasn't easy but here they are so you can see:
9V0iCjI.jpg
JUI8NMP.jpg
e20xf21.jpg
ECEhjxO.jpg
nCsNzFJ.jpg

barnabus

One Too Many
Do you like them?

That's all that matters.

My own opinion is that I don't like boot cut jeans and I don't like the colour (both of which are irrelevant) and I think they look too short.

So don't ask me.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
if you want longer you can get it hemmed same in the front but lower in the back.

i personally prefer the way it is now.

Lorinz

Familiar Face
if you want longer you can get it hemmed same in the front but lower in the back.

i personally prefer the way it is now.

Wait, can a tailor rehem pants to be longer after hemming them to be shorter? I actually didn't know that.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Wait, can a tailor rehem pants to be longer after hemming them to be shorter? I actually didn't know that.
It looks like your guy left about a centimeter of material in there and used the original hem. If he didn’t cut it then you’ve got a bit of wiggle room. Most hem places won’t cut as there may be some later adjustments, especially on pricier stuff. I know women who would keep the tags, hem their stuff, wear it for an event, undo the stitches, steam press, and return it with label. Luxury stuff are overpriced and department store had very generous return policies.

But I urge you to look at your own pic, the second one down. The hem goes down lower when you move. So if you get at the heel length, it will wear and tear faster. If the polished look is what you’re after, your current hem line is it.

Acceptable though speaking strictly subjectively, not ideal for me personally 'cause I love it when jeans stack slightly. But they're definitely not a fashion faux pas so it's entirely up to you.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
It looks like your guy left about a centimeter of material in there and used the original hem. If he didn’t cut it then you’ve got a bit of wiggle room. Most hem places won’t cut as there may be some later adjustments, especially on pricier stuff. I know women who would keep the tags, hem their stuff, wear it for an event, undo the stitches, steam press, and return it with label. Luxury stuff are overpriced and department store had very generous return policies.

But I urge you to look at your own pic, the second one down. The hem goes down lower when you move. So if you get at the heel length, it will wear and tear faster. If the polished look is what you’re after, your current hem line is it.
would be harder for denim since they fade fast around the hem especially the part facing inside from contact with your boots and also puckers, so the fading is already making a specific pattern, when you open the hem and release the inside facing part to add to the length it will show this faded horizontal lines along with the faded puckering lines, so when you need to alter it you should do when they are brand new before you wear it to go about imo. I opened and lengthen most store bought pants and jeans from local brands, but I do this the same day I after I try it or I soak it right away to see how far it shrinks and see if it need altering.

Khilij

One of the Regulars
The length is a touch short for my taste, but what matters most is how you like them. I don't think they look bad, just not ideal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner