Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is there anyone in Memphis?

60Years2Late

New in Town
Morning, all. I've been in Memphis for the last few years and was curious, what with all the rooftop parties and the art deco restaurants and bars whether anyone from this area is on here and if they get together from time to time. The opportunity is certainly there. Somebody could take the City of New Orleans train from Chicago down through here riding a Pullman car the whole way, then get off and take an actual street car to the Peabody, for an overnight that never had to leave the Golden Era!

Anyway, if there's anyone here from the midsouth, let me know. With a little organization we could put together one hell of an experience, I'm sure. Even without any organization just walking downtown, riding the street cars, and stopping off at any of the restaurants and bars would be a good time. It would be nice to get together with some other folks and go out without being the only one dressed up.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I'm 80 miles North of Memphis in Dyer Co, TN. . Memphis in May with the Barbecue Contest would be a Great Opportunity. The Memphis Botanical Gardens, Overton Park Zoo, Beale Street, Sun Records, and many many more things to do and see. Then there's the Blues Trail going from Jackson TN, Brownsville TN, Memphis, on down the Mississippi Delta to Clarksdale, and Cleveland MS.. My Daughter and her Family live in Cleveland, her Husband owns the Delta Meat Market, now located in the Cotton House Hotel.

60Years2Late

New in Town
I agree! There's also the arcade, the majestic, and several other really good looking bars and restaurants. I'm friends with Seamus, the guy who runs the Brass Door pub, and he'd get a kick out of a bunch of people showing up dressed to the nines. If we could get enough people together, there's really no reason we couldn't have a big event here.
Memphis is centrally located, people could come in on the Pullman cars, take the trolly to the Peabody, we could rent a rooftop or an older building for an event, and get a band. I think for a couple of grand we could put together a real nice event. Of course, that's pie in the sky. There's lots of stuff that we can enjoy for free.
I'm sure there's some kind of jazz night or at least old timey blues at some local places, and we could just show up there. If ever you're down Memphis way, shoot me a message and we'll try to get together. I'm MPD, so my schedule is odd to say the least, but they do occasionally let me out to live my life.

RBH

Bartender
We have had a few get togethers in Memphis. Here is the last ''Fedora Fest'' held at Buckaroo Hatters in Covington. Alot of photos have disappeared but many are left.

Mike Moore, me and Art Fawcett, at Mikes old shop.
fedorafestiv147.jpg

Here are Lounge members on Beal St.
36470822.jpg

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fedorafest-iv.64100/

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
Gonna be in Memphis soon (4/21/2022) on our way to Clarksdale, MS and always take time for some "walkin' in Memphis, with my feet 10 feet off of Beale"

Reactions: RBH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points