Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this jacket too short?

That jacket is

• Total voters
Length looks good to me though I actually prefer shorter jackets so I'm slightly biased here. Still, without over-thinking anything, my first impression was - cool!

However, I'm not so sure about sleeve length, I think you could go for an inch more but that's also personal preference and if you don't ride, no problem there.

schitzo

Suspended
this is not my 100% confirmed final answer - because for that I'f prefer to see the whole of you i.e. head and feet in the frame too - but from here it isn't too short and I think it looks good

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Length is fine. Not too short. The problem is with the low-waisted trousers.
These jackets, particularly in the shorter 1930's pattern, need higher waisted trousers. Give it a try!

Some of you just don't want to read this. But if you try a 1930s pattern that's just the deal. [huh]
Thread for reference Vintage Photos of Leather-Jackets or Shorpy.

I think the lenght is pretty good for this type of jacket.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My preference would be another 1-2 inches longer. However, opinions are going to be all over the board, and only you can determine whether the jacket works for you. At any rate, it looks good enough that I doubt people will snicker behind your back or throw rocks at you if you wear it around town. :D

Cooperson

One Too Many
For me, it's just a bit too short. Sleeves down to the first knuckle of thumb, add 1 /2" to the back and it's perfect. These are only personal opinions, of course, it's what *you* feel comfortable with that matters. As you've asked the question though, you must have doubts. From my own experience with a beautiful but just too short GW Ventura, it will drive you crazy as you try to convince yourself it fits ok but eventually you come to terms with it and it has to go. Hope it works out for you, whatever you decide.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I think it's too short too. To me the giveaway is how high the half belt is. I think that theoretically the belt in back matches up with where the belt would be if you were wearing a trench coat. And a lot of old jackets had buttons on the side where you attached two belts that buckled in front. So the whole shooting match boils down to a half-belt is a belt and only Urkel and Ed Grimly wear their belt s that hign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav