Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this Schott a keeper? (+ mini review)

newtojackets

Practically Family
The boxyness is almost entirely because it's not broken in yet. Because they use large panels of substantial leather, until those are broken in, they kind of hang off of you. Once they break in, they stick to you much more snuggly. You could speed up both processes by getting hot water on it and wearing it, but there's no rush.
Makes sense, agreed there's not rush in breaking it in so I don't mind doing it the old-fashioned way

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Looking good! Somewhat boxy at the hem, but cross zips usually look somewhat like that when worn open, with stiff leather even more so. I agree it should look even better when broken in.

As for the shiny leather finish, the pre owner may have conditioned and polished it, it‘s not necessarily factory finish.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Looking good! Somewhat boxy at the hem, but cross zips usually look somewhat like that when worn open, with stiff leather even more so. I agree it should look even better when broken in.

As for the shiny leather finish, the pre owner may have conditioned and polished it, it‘s not necessarily factory finish.
Possibly, but considering how little it seems this has been worn I wonder why they would have bothered conditioning it

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I would love to see the jacket zipped up, maybe with a couple of different pant types/colorways. What Jacket Are You Wearing Today thread is waiting!

TartuWolf

Practically Family
In my opinion if anyone ever wants any comments on fit then a zipped up pic is mandatory.
The only thing you can tell with confidence about fit from an unzipped pic is the sleeve length.
Shoulders, chest, waist, hem, even body length to some degree get distorted by the jacket hanging open.
Although some people wear their jackets almost exclusively unzipped, then it's fine.
Cool jacket by the way!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I don't think it's missing the belt. There is no back belt loop. And it doesn't look like cut in belts have been chopped off. OP you're good to go. It was this jacket that I now include ショット in my searches...

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't think it's missing the belt. There is no back belt loop. And it doesn't look like cut in belts have been chopped off. OP you're good to go. It was this jacket that I now include ショット in my searches...

Oh I thought there was a belt loop in that bit of the back that’s folded in the picture.

That said, OP could have a belt made and have a belt loop added, without much trouble, if he wanted it belted.

My understanding is that he’s in the UK, so sending the jacket to Schott for that would be cost prohibitive, but they could send him the belt and a an extra loop to have a local workshop to stitch onto the back.

newtojackets

Practically Family
You could email Jerri at Schott's repair department to ask how much a replacement belt would cost. My experience has been that their prices for this sort of thing are very reasonable.
I don’t live in the US, so I assume shipping would be quite a bit? May be worth a try nonetheless!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Oh I thought there was a belt loop in that bit of the back that’s folded in the picture.

That said, OP could have a belt made and have a belt loop added, without much trouble, if he wanted it belted.

My understanding is that he’s in the UK, so sending the jacket to Schott for that would be cost prohibitive, but they could send him the belt and a an extra loop to have a local workshop to stitch onto the back.
There probably is. I had a 626 for Lucky brand, it had one center back loop but the jacket didn't come with any belt.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I found the model online and it does indeed come with a belt (but a removable one) unlike some of the other perfectos

newtojackets

Practically Family

There definitely is a belt loop at the back, just hard to see as there’s no silver hardware on the loop, so I would just need the detachable belt fortunately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ