Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ISO Flat Head double rider or Delraiser size 38

am1n

New in Town
I have tried the jacket from rivet and hide. I would have bought it but the colour is a very dark brown and not black. FYI, I am a 38 in the real mccoys j24 and the 38 was a perfect fit

Attachments

• 0273843F-33DB-4431-AA35-A02F67D9E6AB.jpeg
    0273843F-33DB-4431-AA35-A02F67D9E6AB.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 881

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
Dude thanks so much! Which one did you end up buying? The one that your wearing is that the new model from rivet and hide ?

am1n

New in Town
I wasn’t entirely sure on either of the jackets so I didn’t buy any of them. Both jackets have their pros and cons.

The one I am wearing is the new model from rivet and hide.

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
Oh snap, didn’t RH carried the real McCoy’s. Damn well honestly from that picture, it looks pretty black to me! Gotta see this baby in person.. sucks is that I live in Texas and here there’s no stores that carry TFH leather jackets

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
sigh-
It hurt... but I'll live. Bought the last Double Rider in 38 from Rivet and Hide. I went with this as the Delraiser has a lot of similarities to my Buco j24 from RMC. The hit-and-go adjusters on the waist and a couple of other distinct features really separate it from my J24. I want to thank @Merv @dwilson and @am1n for helping me decide!
My biggest fear was that it was a dark brown jacket but the one that they said I ordered, they assured me was a teacore black, plus I could always return if it's not. Got in contact with RH and Danny the owner put me at ease and was super communicative!
@RL204 I Finally did it! thank you as well for the guidance previously.
Ill make a separate thread with pictures of the new beauty!

Papalaka

One of the Regulars
Self Edge has 1 size 38 available on their site, I know because it was mine and returned it for a size 40. These run small, and if you want to zip it up then you may want to consider sizing up.

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
Self Edge has 1 size 38 available on their site, I know because it was mine and returned it for a size 40. These run small, and if you want to zip it up then you may want to consider sizing up.
I was gonna go for the Delraiser, but it was too similar to my RMC J24 Buco. It opted to go for the regular Flat Head version from Rivet and Hide in black. IDK how but I added it to my cart and was still debating on purchasing the Delraiser and TFH version.. when I looked at the RH cart I saw that it had a $250 discount applied.. I thought it was a glitch but I tested it and sure enough, it went through! guess that really sealed the deal for me plus the fact that it was gonna be the black version, not the brown. In the end, I ended up paying $2200 for it shipped and duties included. It should be getting here by today so ill snap a couple of pics and let you all know about it!

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
What do you all think about making a thread strictly for Flat Head leather jackets? @Papalaka @dwilson @Merv
There is some info on them here but apart from @dwilson awesome 2 jacket review, the brand as far as leather jackets are still cloaked in a bit of mystery. might be good for other members to get some real insight into the quality of the jackets. I hear a lot about Aero, Schott, Vanson, and other high-end repro makers such as RMC, Freewheelers, and to a lesser degree, fine creek but not a lot about The Flat Head leather jackets.

hoipac

Familiar Face
I was gonna go for the Delraiser, but it was too similar to my RMC J24 Buco. It opted to go for the regular Flat Head version from Rivet and Hide in black. IDK how but I added it to my cart and was still debating on purchasing the Delraiser and TFH version.. when I looked at the RH cart I saw that it had a $250 discount applied.. I thought it was a glitch but I tested it and sure enough, it went through! guess that really sealed the deal for me plus the fact that it was gonna be the black version, not the brown. In the end, I ended up paying $2200 for it shipped and duties included. It should be getting here by today so ill snap a couple of pics and let you all know about it!
What discount code did you use??

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
none.. it just happened in the cart when i was debating on which to go for. I will say i have that Honey and capital one shopping extension on my browser that applies coupons but i didn't see any on the final transaction.

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
I’m gonna return mine though.. so sad.. it’s not black it’s a really dark brown which I kinda knew would be the case but I was hopeful.. I was trying to convince my self I was seeing things but I put it against all my black jackets and sure enough .. dark dark brown. What do you all think?

Attachments

• 920BB75E-658D-42EA-B797-28D0B85133BF.jpeg
    920BB75E-658D-42EA-B797-28D0B85133BF.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 423
  • B43EE92E-CA41-4851-AA1C-A2EB712F1A5C.jpeg
    B43EE92E-CA41-4851-AA1C-A2EB712F1A5C.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 438
  • 117EDAA8-D98D-49CF-B50F-FE6F8AA348D3.jpeg
    117EDAA8-D98D-49CF-B50F-FE6F8AA348D3.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 433

hoipac

Familiar Face
I’m gonna return mine though.. so sad.. it’s not black it’s a really dark brown which I kinda knew would be the case but I was hopeful.. I was trying to convince my self I was seeing things but I put it against all my black jackets and sure enough .. dark dark brown. What do you all think?
Yup that is what I was saying. It’s really dark brown. Mine is exactly like that. It can look black sometimes. I think the delraiser one is actually black but I can’t confirm as I have not seen one in person. Why not keep it to have one black, one brown, as long as the fit is good. The brown is pretty versatile IMO.

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
Yeah the delraiser from what I've seen is truly black. Honestly, I don't really like any shade of brown.. its different when its teacore popping through the black but an all brown jacket isn't my bag. I like to have the one I truly want for this type of money. There is a true black version, the model number is WJR-53B, this one's model number is FN-LJ-HW0001. just curious, what's your model @hoipac ? The leather of this one too out of the box is....idk I thought it be a lot better, id seen the WJR in pictures and it really blew me away..to be honest, my RMC leather looks and feels better. This one feels kinda like plastic.

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
17EF2F72-B001-451C-AAB8-E47FB6101923.jpeg
Something interesting to add… the zippers are supposedly universal or repro universal zippers but In reality, they are YKK , stamped universal in the front . Here is a comparison to my RMC Buco zippers

Attachments

• 12F34FAD-48D9-45C9-BBE0-8ECA0D82D797.jpeg
    12F34FAD-48D9-45C9-BBE0-8ECA0D82D797.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 524

hoipac

Familiar Face
Yeah the delraiser from what I've seen is truly black. Honestly, I don't really like any shade of brown.. its different when its teacore popping through the black but an all brown jacket isn't my bag. I like to have the one I truly want for this type of money. There is a true black version, the model number is WJR-53B, this one's model number is FN-LJ-HW0001. just curious, what's your model @hoipac ? The leather of this one too out of the box is....idk I thought it be a lot better, id seen the WJR in pictures and it really blew me away..to be honest, my RMC leather looks and feels better. This one feels kinda like plastic.
I can’t find those numbers anywhere on the jacket. My version of the jacket is probably 7 years or older (I bought it second hand) so I am not sure. I wouldn’t say it is plasticy but it is a lot more stiff then my RMC j24 even though it is way more broken in.
33FC5921-0512-49DE-97CE-D6962B795328.jpeg

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
73E93787-BA05-4858-91E1-831DA05751B0.jpeg
56351B24-7317-4C11-BC07-922DC220BA9D.jpeg
60ABEBF6-FAC7-46A2-83A0-84894EF9C179.jpeg
I can’t find those numbers anywhere on the jacket. My version of the jacket is probably 7 years or older (I bought it second hand) so I am not sure. I wouldn’t say it is plasticy but it is a lot more stiff then my RMC j24 even though it is way more broken in. View attachment 351901
mine isnt stiff at all actually, its pretty soft but the sheeny feel of it is definitely because its new. im examining it reeeeally close and feeling it and i think it was the initial shock of it and having my black jackets all next to it but comparing it to yours , its black in comparison. yours is a really dark brown but lighter than this one for sure. The RMC Buco is dead pitch black though... im gonna snap some pics of it early tomorrow in the morning to really see. let me send you a pic of the tag and also the box and model number.

am1n

New in Town
Having tried on and returned the exact same jacket, it looked like a dark brown to me. I compared it to the j24 and my wife’s all saints black leather jacket and it looked dark brown to me.

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
D136C419-4169-4C38-B8E3-2FD67CDC14B1.jpeg
6DC4C0EA-6D54-407B-BCF0-8F98F749DC9E.jpeg
Yeah compared to standard black jackets, it def looks a different shade of black to me especially with the stitching but I wnt outside today and snapped a couple of pics. It's weird, it's like that white/blue dress meme, this jacket idk it looks brown sometimes and pitch-black in others, let me show you what I mean you can tell me.

Papalaka

One of the Regulars
It depends on the lighting, the Delraiser states the color is black, but in most lighting mine is a deep brown. I included a pic of my Schott/3sixteen chromexcel horsehide for a comparison, you can def see the brown undertones in the chromexcel.

Delraiser.jpg
Schott.jpg

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
It depends on the lighting, the Delraiser states the color is black, but in most lighting mine is a deep brown. I included a pic of my Schott/3sixteen chromexcel horsehide for a comparison, you can def see the brown undertones in the chromexcel.

View attachment 352422 View attachment 352423
I see what you mean @Papalaka . Certainly see the brown undertones on both the Flathead and the Schott, although the Schott is darker. I am slightly convinced that the Flat Head doesn't offer a truly black version of their jackets, only variations of a very dark dark brown. Maybe Black with a brown Aura?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko