Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

items of clothing that make you cringe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I have a pair of the toe shoes, also known as Vibram Five Fingers. [huh]
I use them in the yard, because they do have a sole.
Plus if I step on a stick, it won't poke a hole in my foot.
I don't even need to mention safety from dog poo. ;)
As for wearing them in public, I don't use them for that purpose.
They hurt your feet after awhile, especially if you try to drive with them.
Mine look like this.
vibram.jpg
Since it will be in the 70's next weekend, I'll post a pic just for James.

Last edited:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The acronym FCUK.

I can't stand it! It's not clever, it's rude. You see some clown's T-shirt at a distance and instantly it's like "What's wrong with you?" Then they get closer and you still want to kick them for trying to be clever, when they're not.

How about track/gym/athletic clothing worn as every day clothing? Kind of akin to people weraing hard hats and fluroescent vests when they're not construction workers, or a doctor wearing his OR scrubs to the mall. Gives me the irrits.

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
This is why they use muscular men to advertise "metrosexual" mens wear. If you saw it on the folks actually buying these clothes you would be totally turned off!

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
I absolutely hate to see anyone wearing a toboggan (the knit headwear, not the sled . . ."tuque" if you're Canadian) as a fashion statement, rather than just something to keep your head warm, outdoors, on cold days (which is perfectly OK. That's what it was made for). Seeing musicians wearing them onstage bugs me to no end. I absolutely cannot stand it and want to rip it off their head.

I also hate "hoodies" for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner