Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"It's Indiana Depp! Johnny... in brown fedora and leather jacket."

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Has anyone seen this? Or do you see the likeness?

It's Indiana Depp! Johnny channels intrepid adventurer Jones in brown fedora and leather jacket

article-0-0C018F6300000578-302_224x423.jpg
article-0-007AF84700000578-219_224x423.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I think that is a great look, and I have always liked that brown Borso. The pants are a little low rise for my taste, and the jacket is not how I would wear it, but it has panache. The pocket watch and bandana/scarf are great touches.

Slim Tim

New in Town
Indiana looks cool as usual, but Depp? He looks...:twitch:
No, I'm afraid I don't see the resemblance.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Indiana looks cool, but Depp? He looks...:twitch:
No, I'm afraid I don't see the resemblance.
Other than the jacket/fedora combo (although neither the jacket nor the fedora) I don't see much of a resemblance either. I would wear Depp's outfit though, with some minor changes.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I love Depp's jacket - I'd totally wear one like it.
I'd go for a light grey hat, rather then the brown one though.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Depp's outfit is actually quite original but the headlines have to ruin the originality by likening it to IJ. Like Yeps I would wear Depp's outfit if the trousers were substituted for high rise plain coloured ones (I would only ever wear striped trousers with a matching suit jacket) and a dress shirt was added.

It's a shame that hat wearers are called Indiana Jones so often because I actually quite like the films and his outfit (can't complain about his high rise trousers, A2-reminiscient leather jacket and 30s styled fedora), but have grown to hate the constant references every time I pair a fedora with a casual jacket.

Edward

Bartender
Yeah, he bears "more than a passing resemblance" to Indy in the same way as I bear "more than a passing resemblance" to Meryl Streep. He looks good, though.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Depp's got a lot more style than IJ.

Hi, while TRUE, that's not exactly relevant. IJ isn't in or out of style, he's wearing clothing and gear that allows him to go from the train / ship / airplane to the archeological dig etc. Dep is just going out for pizza.

Just my $0.02, and I was called Dr. Jone while wearing my brown Stetson Temple and a Navy Blue Sedgwick County Shooting Sports hooded sweatshirt with Jeans Dammit.

Feraud

Bartender
Hi, while TRUE, that's not exactly relevant. IJ isn't in or out of style, he's wearing clothing and gear that allows him to go from the train / ship / airplane to the archeological dig etc. Dep is just going out for pizza.
Relevant? You do realize IJ is a fictional character and a fur felt hat and leather jacket is not appropriate clothing for international grave robbing. ;) I didn't see a pizza reference in the article. Depp is working to promote his film.

Slim Tim

New in Town
Am I the only one who thinks Depp looks ridiculous in that photo? I mean, the combination of pinstriped pants with a vest and a leather jacket clashes like two freight trains hitting eachother head-on in my opinion. I also find his scarf really incongruous.

Maybe it's just me.[huh]

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I really like Depp's look overall. First off, I love earthtones. The trousers, vest, watch, brown leather, scarf, the whole thing. The thing I like least about it is that particular hat. He pulls off most of his outfits quite well, imho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails