Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

Kennyz

Familiar Face
The russet color of the original and Platon's repro dubow is pretty darn close, Brettafett!

Ken

Absolutely agree. Pics above don't do it justice. I've been meaning to take some better pics and do a bit more of a review, but just been too busy. I recently ordered a russet version also ;)
Lead time? I don't recall exactly, about 2 or 3 months... I think its best to forget about it. Its a small operation, so will take time, but well-worth it.
Platon sent me these recently, when enquiring about the russet version and his original...
View attachment 167078 View attachment 167079
View attachment 167080 View attachment 167081

Changeling67

New in Town
I have ordered a russet jacket a month back and will not worry about when it will be ready to ship,knowing that it is well worth the wait even if it took six months to arrive, which it probably will not,I know it`s going to be a lifetime keeper for certain being such a high quality and authentic A2.

Brettafett

One Too Many
I think thats the best approach... Let it arrive when it does. And then post pics!
Heres one from a few months back...
IMG_20190128_135007556_HDR.jpg
ps I have a sample of the russet and it looks great! Some light grain is visible, certainly has character... Very nice russet brown, not red or orange. Spot on.

Changeling67

New in Town
I think thats the best approach... Let it arrive when it does. And then post pics!
Heres one from a few months back...
View attachment 167922
ps I have a sample of the russet and it looks great! Some light grain is visible, certainly has character... Very nice russet brown, not red or orange. Spot on.
Yes looking at photos of the russet on the VLJ as well as Platons site he has matched his original Dubow perfectly in the leather colour and every other small detail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21