Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Alteration: Thoughts?

Powerband

Practically Family
Although the fit of this Field Leathers jacket feels great, I’m thinking of taking up the back length a little. I’m OK with the front length because it’s right below the belt buckle, where I personally like it. Do you think I should make this alteration to the back length? About 1 inch? More? Leave it? Thoughts?

If I decide on this slight alteration, then it would be through Johnson Leather.

34D3F7E1-78CA-4A1B-AAC2-8566A3CEC044.jpeg
3807889C-DDD5-4626-A185-78E6CEF944CC.jpeg
24422258-CD74-4C4F-8930-9CC07A1199B8.jpeg
48C21F67-6547-4D12-AE0D-4B111938E57C.jpeg
EE5BFE27-ECBE-497C-B08D-6EF6297A0C7C.jpeg

Thanks for your advice and opinion.

Mandarin

Practically Family
Like what the others said: the back length is perfectly normal for a halfbelt. An alteration would've been justified for an MC jacket.

I can see what you mean, even though I think it looks good (great) as is. I prefer shorter jackets so I'm biased in that regard but either way, if I was to send the jacket in (and I wouldn't), -2" is a minimum I'd have taken in, to make absolutely sure it really turns out the way I want. Honestly, I don't think that a 1" alteration will be perceivable and it won't really affect the look of the jacket.

But yeah, it is a relatively complicated alteration as they'd have to start cutting from the front hem so not worth all the empty stitch holes that will remain and considering the jacket fits you just about perfectly as it is. . . I wouldn't do it.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree with the others here. Front length is perfect, and to me that is the more important measurement. I can see how you would want the back to be a little shorter but it looks like you can still get into the back pockets just fine so I would say leave it alone.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree with the other comments. Personally, I would prefer the back to be shorter but it is not worth the trouble and expense. The jacket looks fine on you. You might have to unzip the jacket while riding in a car.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Yes, as others have said, I would leave it alone. Very very nice Half-belt there. Wear & enjoy it! :)

What leather is it made of? It's nice & thick but has a drape to it already.

Powerband

Practically Family
Yes, as others have said, I would leave it alone. Very very nice Half-belt there. Wear & enjoy it! :)

What leather is it made of? It's nice & thick but has a drape to it already.

It is teacore Shinki leather. Incredible. Appreciable heft yet pliable as f***. It’s made by Field Leathers. I bought it off the classified here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21