Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket finally arrived

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
got it to go with the hat, but no one likes the hat on me, so back to half brim fedoras for me.

Unknown.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Some more details...

...some details on the jacket, where you got it, hide type, styling, usage it will get..etc, would probably be well received by the Jacket Nutz in here ;) Thanks!! and wear it in good health.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
PADDY said:
...some details on the jacket, where you got it, hide type, styling, usage it will get..etc, would probably be well received by the Jacket Nutz in here ;) Thanks!! and wear it in good health.

Got it from E-Bay. It's a st Johns Bay brand. not sure of hide type. it's listed as a bombers jacket, thought I would not say it is. I will wear it in the winter to replace my no longer desired trench coat. (though I will replace the trench coat with a black one to wear in the rain)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
It IS a bomber jacket, which is just a general descriptive term. It is not an A2, which it looks like it is trying to resemble - picture a bit blurred to tell. It's a leather bomber jacket, with some military influences and if you like it, that's all that matters.

I think you look fine in the hat. Do you wear the rear brim up? With a bit of wear the hat will become a part of you.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Seb Lucas said:
It IS a bomber jacket, which is just a general descriptive term. It is not an A2, which it looks like it is trying to resemble - picture a bit blurred to tell. It's a leather bomber jacket, with some military influences and if you like it, that's all that matters.

I think you look fine in the hat. Do you wear the rear brim up? With a bit of wear the hat will become a part of you.

The hat is brand new I have yet to get it worked in yet. all my other hats are the half brim kind I wanted this hat to try the full (wide) brim style. I am trying to work the front of the brim down some. just not much time to sit an work a hat each evening. I personally like this hat over my others

Edward

Bartender
Hard to tell from the photo, but if the hat is a fur felt, try holding it over the steam from a boiling kettle, then bend the brim down at the front to where you want it and hold for a minute until cool. I would also be inclined to tighten the pinch in the front of that hat, but that's to personal taste.

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
Noticed there are always a variety of bomber style jackets for auction on the bay. If you're not a stickler for details great bargains can be had.

Right now I'm monitoring some goatskin a-2s w/ side pockets. Want to snag one for less than 60 bux.

Edward

Bartender
captaincaveman1 said:
Noticed there are always a variety of bomber style jackets for auction on the bay. If you're not a stickler for details great bargains can be had.

Right now I'm monitoring some goatskin a-2s w/ side pockets. Want to snag one for less than 60 bux.

Bargains are often to be had on vintage civilian jackets (especially those other than horsehide). It seems most collectors favour the military options, in my experience anyhow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner