Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Hangers

I was really hoping this thread wouldn't get to me. Get me worried... But I'll be dammed if it didn't. I just ordered this for my HB. I hope it can hold it.
IMG_0211.JPG

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I received my Aero hangers. I only had time to experiment with one jacket, which admittedly had the most severe creasing using my preexisting hangers. The Aero hanger made a HUGE difference on my RMC Steinbeck. Importantly, the Aero hanger reaches the end of the shoulders and, therefore, does not cause any creasing due to overhang. I will post photos when I have time.

I suspect that the Aero hangers will make less of a difference with my other jackets, many of which sit just fine on their current hangers (in retrospect, I probably did not need so many hangers).

Jejupe

Practically Family
I received my Aero hangers today. For me they would be perfect if only they were little bit wider. My jackets' shoulders are about 3-4" wider than the hanger so there is a considerable overhang which might cause some deformation on shoulder area over time.

One thing about these hangers is superior in comparison to my older wider hangers: with these I can fit much more jackets in the same closet space. Certainly not a feature we should overlook! ;)

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was really hoping this thread wouldn't get to me. Get me worried... But I'll be dammed if it didn't. I just ordered this for my HB. I hope it can hold it.
View attachment 132038
It got to me to. Found a solution. No creases so far.

IMG_20180821_151923.jpg
Me too. Eight pages on f'n hangers.
I hope they will publish a tutorial about how to hang your jacket.
Suddenly I lost my sleep because I am so worried about people will see the wrong creases on my jacket.

We get it -- you guys think the discussion is inane and pointless. So why do you continue reading the thread? Why waste your time and disrupt your sleep?

Regardless, you have convinced me to disengage from the discussion and thereby avoid providing more fodder. I cannot stand the idea of causing my fellow member's such consternation and disrupting their sleep.

As an alternative to the foregoing utterly wasteful hanger discussion, might I suggest: http://hmpg.net/

Last edited:

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
what's the width and thickness measurements an the Aero hangers? Would someone mind measuring theirs and report?

Last edited:

Hh121

Banned
We get it -- you guys think the discussion is inane and pointless. So why do you continue reading the thread? Why waste your time and disrupt your sleep?

Regardless, you have convinced me to disengage from the discussion and thereby avoid providing more fodder. I cannot stand the idea of causing my fellow member's such consternation and disrupting their sleep.

As an alternative to the foregoing utterly wasteful hanger discussion, might I suggest: http://hmpg.net/

I am still following this thread , simply because it’s funny.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Okay, so I just checked with my jackets who are hanging on various differently shaped hangers and here's my observation: I can spot hose diagonal creases that are supposedly caused by bad hangers on only two of my jackets and these are my two Aeros.. my Vansons and Langlitzs are not showing them. I'm not saying it's a problem exclusive to Aero jackets, but I'm convinced it's a problem rooted in patterns. Aeros shoulders are very square and need accordingly more square hangers while the Vansons and Langlitzs have more naturally slightly droppingly shaped shoulder areas which fit just fine on normal hangers. So I come to the conclusion that the best shape of the hanger for each jacket depends on the jackets pattern and there is no ultimate hanger to hang them all.

Side note: I believe these diagonal creases will appear and show regardless of how you hang the jackets. Because your shoulders aren't as square as Aeros hangers either, so the jackets in question might not develop these creases while on the hanger, but will when on your shoulders. Atleast all my Aeros had these creases and that was long before I had so many jackets that I had to worry about where to hang them up.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I like the idea of a jacket straightening/flattening out when hanging in the closet between wearings, not having creases being accentuated and allowed to settle in over the years. So I'll be addressing this hanger issue with my Aeros.

I'm only kidding.

Related, that jacket's been hanging on this very hanger since May (regularly, I mean, not upside down) and nothing is even hinting at the appearance of these horizontal lines. Culprit is definitely pattern. Some jackets aren't meant to hang.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ