Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jackets at the WW2 Museum

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Hey y’all I recently went to the National WW2 museum. Great collection there of personal effects, uniforms, and jackets there. I wanted to get more pics but was minding my energetic 8 year old.

Here are a few of the ones they had on display. I really liked how they connected each item with the story of its owner where possible

IMG_2101.jpeg
IMG_2102.jpeg

IMG_2103.jpeg
IMG_2104.jpeg
IMG_2114.jpeg
IMG_2115.jpeg

IMG_2106.jpeg
IMG_2107.jpeg
IMG_2110.jpeg
IMG_2111.jpeg

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Every item is precious in such museums and memorials. Imagine what those men experienced while wearing those garments. What thoughts, fears, emotions, determination and courage they felt then. And it makes me sad because those who survived the war are so very few now. My Dad, were he still with us, would've turned 98 this May just gone.
Lest we forget.

Thanks for sharing those great photos.

TLW '90

Practically Family
Thanks for taking the time to snap the pictures and share them here, I'm glad those jackets are in a museum for others to see and appreciate along with the service of the young men who wore them.

Hey y’all I recently went to the National WW2 museum. Great collection there of personal effects, uniforms, and jackets there. I wanted to get more pics but was minding my energetic 8 year old.

Here are a few of the ones they had on display. I really liked how they connected each item with the story of its owner where possible

View attachment 548210 View attachment 548211
View attachment 548212 View attachment 548213 View attachment 548214 View attachment 548215
View attachment 548216 View attachment 548217 View attachment 548218 View attachment 548219
I have been to this museum almost every other year since it was built. Great photos, history, stories. The veterans that are there with some of the exhibits are a world full of information.

DSK

New in Town
Hello - This is the first time that i have used this forum so i hope that i am posting in the right place.
Would anyone be able to tell me what uniform this might be please?.
He is a relative that i am trying to find.
He was an American service man in WW2 - many Thanks

Attachments

• WS.jpg
    WS.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 23

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner