Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese resellers

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Today, I went to pick up a nice jacket I found in offer up. When I show up, I could not believe my eyes. There were several hundred leather jackets along with other vintage varsity/wool winter jackets. However, there was a Japanese reseller who actually was taking about 70% of the lot in piles of about 20 jackets each. Very quietly and I think rudely, he was just taking them and loading it to a truck. He had already paid for them and had a cold look on his face. Not mad, but it was strange to see such look at a state sale. It turns out that the seller was a collector.

If you're local, I am including an offer up link: https://offerup.com/p/38598589
All the good stuff is gone. Only Left are some generic flight jackets from the 80s.

Damon141

Practically Family
The people of Japan and I think Taiwan and Singapore definitely have there fair share of vintage American clothing.

Just look at how many vintage leather jackets these guys have in this video

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Flipping vintage American clothing has been a good business since the 80s and 90s.
John Lofgren moved to Japan and opened his vintage clothing store.
One of the biggest vintage clothing dealer in HK was opened by an American. He bought them in containers from the States. They often have warehouse full of stuffs waiting to be sorted out.
http://www.midwest-vintage.com/en/about/
But American vintage clothing is getting too pricey for smaller shops. I think some have turned to French workwear and European military uniform.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I used to sell flight jackets and military gear back in the 90s at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, where I used to live. I traded with many sellers from all over the world. This particular Japanese trader was so weird.

barnabus

One Too Many
Flipping vintage American clothing has been a good business since the 80s and 90s.

When I was a student in Newcastle here in the UK at the start of the nineties, there was a shop actually called Flip that only sold vintage American clothing.

There were huge bins of 501s in all conditions, some redyed to garish colours (it was 1991!), and rack after rack of Schott jackets. Vintage plaid shirts and t shirts, and trucker/baseball caps. I remember I bought a trucker cap there that has a logo on the front for "Iowa Hearing Impaired Camp".

Sorry, veered way off topic.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk