Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese selvage Denim

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Edwin

NikonSouthAfricaDec2009022.jpg

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Some really cool selvedge pants. I like the Edwins the most. Radical color on the selvedge edge there :eusa_clap

The beige ones are also very cool, but I dont really like that flower pattern. Color and fabric is great.

s_crumb

Familiar Face
I just bit the bullet and got some Sugarcanes (1947's) and a pair of LVC 1944's. I'll never go back to normal jeans. I've got my eye on Ironheart Jeans, but they're a little to pricey for me.

injunjack

One of the Regulars
I've been looking at Ironhearts and going to get some this spring.

And they aren't more expensive as SugarCane 1947's here in Europe.
SC 1947's are avesome jeans

Jack

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
Tripleterror said:
Try these out, heavy duty stuff and the quality is out of this world.
The selvedge denim is mind blowing.
The proprieter is a real nice bloke too !
www.ironheart.co.uk
Simon

have to second this. The jeans look straight forward, none of the too fancy details many others have. But 21oz denim feels so good after some breaking in. Perfect winter jeans.

Tripleterror

New in Town
I agree, I have 2 pairs of Iron Heart's, 1 pair of selvedge 21oz & 1 pair of non selvedge 21oz.
21oz sounds really heavy but it is amazing how soft they feel after about 6 months of breaking in, especially the selvedge denim.
Don't wash them though, if they smell, put them in the freezer.
I know not everyone will agree with this but I like my denim DARK blue.
Simon

Tailor Tom

One of the Regulars
My little bit....

The best of the modern day Japanese denim is woven on US machines. It is one of the main reasons the Japanese denim is so wonderful. They bought up all the old looms from the US mills when they went out of business, moved them overseas and put them to work.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I heard that the US handed over the best machines to try and help make up for the bomb and destroying the business over there?

Some store guy told me that...

I got a pair of 13oz japaneese selvedge and they are fantastic.
They are stitched in italy, good stitching but bad thread.

Papa M

A-List Customer
GriffDeLaGriff said:
I heard that the US handed over the best machines to try and help make up for the bomb and destroying the business over there?

Some store guy told me that...

That sounds like a bit of spin-doctoring to me.

What really happened is that the US mills converted to more modern and cost effective wider looms. The shrewd Japanese bought up many of the old redundant narrow looms. And of course we are now in a situation where the Japanese denim-masters are able to dominate the selvage denim market.

Papa M

A-List Customer
I'm not a big fan of Edwin (I only have one pair in my own collection).

However that is a very nice pair of vintage Edwins at the top of this thread. Must be an old pair prior to them going mainstream.

I also like those Burgus. I don't have them in my collection and will start looking for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy