Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jay Lord Hatters Black Fedora 2 5/8 Brim sz 7 1/4 PERFECT COND

CBest

New in Town
Hi,
I found this site by trying to price my hat. Someone donated a ton of hats - a lot of Churchill and others to the Goodwill where I shop. Most were in unworn condition? I am thinking someone died and family donated their hat collection. The Jay Lord is the only one I bought. Here is a link to the Ebay site. I am accepting reasonable offers.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jay-Lord-H...239258?hash=item3d79ba055a:g:8UAAAOSwjlVb6IaO

Hi,
I found this site by trying to price my hat. Someone donated a ton of hats - a lot of Churchill and others to the Goodwill where I shop. Most were in unworn condition? I am thinking someone died and family donated their hat collection. The Jay Lord is the only one I bought. Here is a link to the Ebay site. I am accepting reasonable offers.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jay-Lord-H...239258?hash=item3d79ba055a:g:8UAAAOSwjlVb6IaO

Jay Lord made a nice hat. While it's an excellent hat in great condition, the smaller brands may not bring the high prices Stetson and Dobbs might bring.

Now, go back and get the rest of those hats!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

CBest

New in Town
Jay Lord made a nice hat. While it's an excellent hat in great condition, the smaller brands may not bring the high prices Stetson and Dobbs might bring.

Now, go back and get the rest of those hats!

?Really? Should I buy Churchills. Most are tweed wool. I didnt think they were as currently stylish?

No, the wool ones aren't worth as much as the fur felt ones. I was picturing a pile of hats similar to the one above.

Good luck with your sale.

CBest

New in Town
THANKS SO MUCH for your input - very much appreciated. I did check the selling prices for the Churchills and that is why I did not put out the $9.99 for them. Well made but they looked like "old man" hats. LOL
I may keep the Jay Lord if I don't get a good price because it looks kinda good on me ! If I dont sell it I will have my boyfriend take the wide ribbon and feather off and replace it with something kind of western. I am getting fond it it. LOL

CBest

New in Town
By the way. When I used my photo lighting it shows every microscopic particle of dust and just that stuff in the air. What is a good way to get that off? Should I vacuum it or just use tape - I was afraid to use tape that I might ruin the smoothness.

CBest

New in Town
My boyfriend who shapes hats and has tons of them told me my Jay Lord was definitely fur felt and NOT wool. I need to update my listing. I didn't know how to tell. He is also bringing a brush over that he says will clean all the particles off it. I may retake the pictures.

makitright

One of the Regulars
If you keep it - do not change that hat band - it is the coolest part of that fedora. I think it is a great looking fedora as you have it right now. The band is very well done.

I think the color and the size hurts the price on this one. $250 is definitely a stretch. I think it is in the $150 ballpark.

Add the crown height in your listing - taller straight crowns command a higher price. This one looks to be around 5 1/2 inches open crown.

Maybe add a photo of the brim snapped down in the front.

CBest

New in Town
If you keep it - do not change that hat band - it is the coolest part of that fedora. I think it is a great looking fedora as you have it right now. The band is very well done.

I think the color and the size hurts the price on this one. $250 is definitely a stretch. I think it is in the $150 ballpark.

Add the crown height in your listing - taller straight crowns command a higher price. This one looks to be around 5 1/2 inches open crown.

Maybe add a photo of the brim snapped down in the front.

CBest

New in Town
THANKS for the comments. I won't change the wide band. My boyfriend came over with a hat brush for me and brushed it - always counter clockwise he said - and also told me if I keep it DONT change the band. It is very tall - I could def add the height to my listing but I raised the price BECAUSE what is happening is that I am getting fond of it now and not sure I want to sell it. When you just look at cowboy hats the transition to the fedora takes a while to grow on you -- but it is dong just that and I have a small head and think it is a better hat for me. AND THIS SITE has made me appreciate fedoras ! I always have this trouble selling on Ebay. I find things of value, and then after researching them to price them I learn about them- and then grow too fond to sell them - LOL

CBest

New in Town
Yes. My hair is very gray (let's call it Silver) in front especially so the black, Yes. BUT I do want the front tipped down, and the feather -- well that really has to go. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails