Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazz...gangsters...ummmm...

BixChix26

New in Town
Do you like vintage jazz, gangsters, history and the Prohibition Era? Then check out my historical fiction novel, Hudson Lake, which is now available as an e-book from Twilight Times Press, and is coming as a trade paperback in April 2006.

In the summer of 1926, jazz lovers from all over the Midwest go where the weather is hot and the music is hotter. They converge on the Blue Lantern Inn, a rural Indiana dance hall in a resort town where the season's resident jazz band features a young cornet player named Bix Beiderbecke.

See why novelist Kevin Baker (Dreamland, Paradise Alley, Striver's Row) calls Hudson Lake "a vivid, poignant, sexy tale of the Jazz Age, built around one of America's greatest and most intriguing musicians. Laura Mazzuca Toops knows her music, and her history."

See a chapter excerpt at http://www.lidaquillen.com/index.html, or check out my Web page at www.lauratoops.com!

nightandthecity

Practically Family
sounds like my sort of book Laura! Gangsters and jazz went together like gangstas and rap. Guys like Capone in Chicago, Tom Prendergast in KC, and Owney Madden in NY were important patrons of jazz, it shouldn't be forgotten

Some friends of mine used to do a version of BDDDB's jazz club number with the immortal line "...presenting on bass saxophone and Thompson submachine gun, Mr Adrian Rollini"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou