Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jerome's Handiwork ...

shoelessjoe

Familiar Face
Stardust.jpg
B-17G #44-6835 ~ 379th BG/527th BS

Desirous to pay homage to the 379th Bombardment Group and drawing inspiration from his "Starduster" project and Mom's favorite tune, Hoagy Carmichael's timeless classic, Stardust, I let Jerome Urbaniak have his way with my A2 ... will post additional photos when work on the jacket's completed.

A2GandBStardust.jpg

296996828.jpg
527th Bomb Squadron

296996830.jpg
379th Bombardment Group

... and though this may be old news to some, following is an explanation of the symbolism contained in the Group's patch:

The orange/red outer circle represents the Rising Sun of Japan and immediately next to that circle is a sundial. The top-turret guns of the B-17 are firing at the 3 in the sundial, the tail guns at the 7, and the left waist guns at the 9, which gives you the designation 379. The bombs indicate that of a bomb group and the B-17 is the plane used in the 379th's operations. The inner circle of orange represents Hitler and the zig-zag line is for the lock of hair that always fell over Hitler's left eye, while the black square in the center is his moustache. "Potestas Accuratioque" means "Power and Precision."

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
Stardust

Thanks Mr.Joe for posting that I really enjoyed doing that one as well. My home comp-u-tater was down for about two days and I couldn't post anything earlier.

It's always great having nice jackets to paint and that one certainly should be quite the conversation piece when all the patches are on it as well.

I'll include some more detail pics on it right here.

296996832.jpg

296996833.jpg

296996819.jpg

Thanks again ,
Jerome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner