Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jiffy Hat Steamer

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I've only used the J1; however, the pro model gives you more versatility if you think you might use the steamer for more than just hats. If you're just steaming hats, it's hard to see anyone needing more than the J1.
You can get all the extensions and attachments for the J1

The only real difference is the tank is not exposed and it is on wheels

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
It appears there's a 10% off code good through tomorrow if you buy direct from jiffysteamer.com (although with shipping it looks like I'd be better with amazon)

I really need one of these too...

You can get all the extensions and attachments for the J1

The only real difference is the tank is not exposed and it is on wheels

Good to know; thank you. I've been very happy with my J1. I just revisited the website and there a lot more models than I remember, but most look to be minor variations of a couple core models. The smaller models on wheels look unstable to me. I'm also with you on only using distilled water.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
It appears there's a 10% off code good through tomorrow if you buy direct from jiffysteamer.com (although with shipping it looks like I'd be better with amazon)

I really need one of these too...

One of the two best hat related investments I’ve made ... the other being a band block

You would not regret owning one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Jiffy J1 Steamer arrived safely this afternoon. It is a replacement of a much enjoyed similar model. Using the new model is as simple as filling the water bottle with distilled water, inverting the bottle on the machine, turning it on and trying to patiently wait the few minutes till it is hot. It works like a charm!

i-qwFQvPK-M.jpg

I am tempted to order the rod set and steam hose and head. While I have a garment steamer it might be interesting to see how this model works for steaming wrinkles out of slacks, suits and sport coats. We will see. In the mean time my hats should be "crisper."

Thanks to all the sage advise folks.

Best, Eric -

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Jiffy J1 Steamer arrived safely this afternoon. It is a replacement of a much enjoyed similar model. Using the new model is as simple as filling the water bottle with distilled water, inverting the bottle on the machine, turning it on and trying to patiently wait the few minutes till it is hot. It works like a charm!

i-qwFQvPK-M.jpg

I am tempted to order the rod set and steam hose and head. While I have a garment steamer it might be interesting to see how this model works for steaming wrinkles out of slacks, suits and sport coats. We will see. In the mean time my hats should be "crisper."

Thanks to all the sage advise folks.

Best, Eric -
Love my J1. My hats couldn't live without it.

Mustang Mike's Hats

A-List Customer

I was just checking eBay and believe I saw a garment head or two. Might be worth a look!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Enjoy it Eric! American workmanship in action!! :cool:

Thanks sir. My older, used steamer worked long and hard. This one should do the same.

Love my J1. My hats couldn't live without it.

Your hats with their neat, clean lines show the care and effort you and your steamer put into them. It does not go un-noticed.

I was just checking eBay and believe I saw a garment head or two. Might be worth a look!

Checking it out. The offerings I see are close enough to "retail price" to consider purchasing new. I will search a bit longer.

I just wish I'd gotten my J1 sooner. I love the thing.

Moe, since your Holiday gift your pics of hats look sharper. Congrats sir on your hat tool. My wife calls it my hat toy.

Eric -

Too cool Bob!!
I’ll take a vintage museum piece over a modern any day.
Too cool!!
B

Soooo cool. That should do the trick alright.

Slick! Hey, I trade you for mine!!

That is so cool! A glass one gallon would look great on it. Nice to steam vintage hats with a vintage steamer.

Thanks fellas! I'm thinking about using a vintage Clorox bottle or maybe a beer growler.

Thanks fellas! I'm thinking about using a vintage Clorox bottle or maybe a beer growler.
The bottle will have to sit well in the reservoir. Not sure a bottle with a finger ring will work. The bottle neck will have to be long enough to be down in the water in the reservoir to keep the bottle from draining out, yet not long enough to bottom out in the reservoir. I'm thinking maybe a 1-liter pop bottle might work.

I'd run some CLR thru it to clean out the gunk.

The bottle will have to sit well in the reservoir. Not sure a bottle with a finger ring will work. The bottle neck will have to be long enough to be down in the water in the reservoir to keep the bottle from draining out, yet not long enough to bottom out in the reservoir. I'm thinking maybe a 1-liter pop bottle might work.

I'd run some CLR thru it to clean out the gunk.

Thanks Jack. I asked Bill (Buler) about the one he has and he said "The bottle is just like an old gallon root beer bottle. With a round handle on the side of the neck. The steamer has a recessed area where the handle fits." He said it was packed away from a recent move and couldn't easily get a photo. I was at least going to use white vinegar to de-gunk, but the CLR might be better. Hope you had a great trip! Glad to see you back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner