Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jimmy Pierce

carter

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Nice Carter, Is that the same as a tawny color? And whats all that cotton stuck on your chin?lol

The color of the felt is lighter than the Tawny Fawn of my Campdraft but darker than a Silverbelly. It's probably more of a Sand color.

That isn't cotton. It's felt. Pure ...well, never mind.
;) :)

dostacos

Practically Family
I ordered a hat from Jimmy and was told it would be going out. since then NO response to phone or email. I want my hat, I don't want a refund and I am willing to wait, I just want to know that I am not left hanging out in the breeze.

Dan:(

dostacos

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:
This sort of thing happens with Jimmy from time to time. He has a rocky communication records, usually without any explanation. I thought things had finally gotten better, but I guess there are still issues. You won't be the first to cancel an order, Neil.

hard to cancel the order when you paid in full, and he does not answer the phone or return emails. I was told it would ship on January 26th, then again in March when I asked where the hat was he said it would go out the next day. NOW he does not answer the phone and has no answering machine.

reading here it looks like he KNEW that he was not going to deliver {he said he needed my full payment, as he needed to order the felt}

because he seemed to have a good rep I paid him. now it has been to long to complain to paypal so my 2 choices are wait and hope or start going after him for internet fraud, I REALLY want the first choice but he won't even give me the time of day:rage:

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Try paypal anyway. Explain the situation. They may still be able to do something.

Paying in full for a custom hat in advance is standard procedure. Ignoring you is not.

Something else you could try, using Paypal, is the "request money" feature. Basically, bill him for the amount you sent him. [huh]

dostacos

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:
Try paypal anyway. Explain the situation. They may still be able to do something.

Paying in full for a custom hat in advance is standard procedure. Ignoring you is not.

Something else you could try, using Paypal, is the "request money" feature. Basically, bill him for the amount you sent him. [huh]
yeah, I don't mind the paying, it was the Send money so I will order the felt THAT was the clue. I don't want the money I just want a REAL delivery date, reading more after I ordered it sounds like he is limiting his hat work which is fine, I will wait my turn HOWEVER totally blowing off the customer is not cool. I think I will see what Pay pal will say after all their 45 day window is too short for custom work!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Calling back or returning emails to anxious or angry customers isn't always fun, but it IS part of being in business. If responding to customers takes more than say, half an hour a day - perhaps you need to stop taking new orders until the backlog is cleared. Most any call for updating should only take a minute or two at most. Or perhaps get someone in to help you by dealing with the calls while you're concentrating on doing the work that needs to be done. Hiding from it only delays the inevitable, and creates more ill will.

And it all goes back to the old saw, which is on a plaque in my office -

Customers aren't an interruption to my business - they're the reason it exists.

If a particular customer or customers are more trouble than they're worth (and we all have a few), you can always refuse doing the work for them.

StylinLA

Familiar Face
kabuto said:
Try to get a custom from anyone else in that time. Three months is the norm. With Jimmy, three months is the max, assuming you ever get the hat. lol lol

Huh?!

Vintage Silhouettes is 4-6 weeks. Optimo is about 3 weeks.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Actually, VS wait times have gone up. Optimo is not a one-man operation, I don't think. But VS, JPD, and each AB is very much a one man show. Wait time should be reflected by demand. Jimmy's demand just isn't that high.

Based on what I have read, nobody can get in touch with him at all these days. Not even those who normally can. A stray hat showed up a couple of weeks ago, but that's it. I hear even his answering machine isn't taking calls. [huh]

Either something is very wrong, or JP has flown. I'm not sure which to hope for. :eek:

Neil

A-List Customer
Well. . . .

I actually did get my money back, because MasterCard couldn't contact him either. They just assumed he'd defaulted on the agreement and refunded my payment, and sent JP a note telling him he's welcome to dispute the reversal. I can only assume he didn't.
I can also say this, having bought hats from Art Fawcett, Optimo and Robert Weber: All three were prompt, courteous, and answered their phones and emails, providing detailed replies to any inquiry. In some cases, wait time did stretch somewhat, but so what? There were perfectly reasonable explanations.
Wait time is not the issue. Responsiveness, or lack thereof, is.

dostacos

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:
Actually, VS wait times have gone up. Optimo is not a one-man operation, I don't think. But VS, JPD, and each AB is very much a one man show. Wait time should be reflected by demand. Jimmy's demand just isn't that high.

Based on what I have read, nobody can get in touch with him at all these days. Not even those who normally can. A stray hat showed up a couple of weeks ago, but that's it. I hear even his answering machine isn't taking calls. [huh]

Either something is very wrong, or JP has flown. I'm not sure which to hope for. :eek:
this is the note on the front of his website now.

Do to the ecomony going the way it is, I have to find a full time job. I will be limiting my hat production to 150 this year, 3 per week. I will be keeping a list and when it is full, it is full.

I understand that, BUT when he refuses to contact or reply it is hard to not want to go after him. I really do not want to add to his problems, if there is anyone that does indeed have a back channel to him, I just want a hat, no rush just give a time frame that is REAL

dostacos

Practically Family
Neil said:
I actually did get my money back, because MasterCard couldn't contact him either. They just assumed he'd defaulted on the agreement and refunded my payment, and sent JP a note telling him he's welcome to dispute the reversal. I can only assume he didn't.
I can also say this, having bought hats from Art Fawcett, Optimo and Robert Weber: All three were prompt, courteous, and answered their phones and emails, providing detailed replies to any inquiry. In some cases, wait time did stretch somewhat, but so what? There were perfectly reasonable explanations.
Wait time is not the issue. Responsiveness, or lack thereof, is.
I am going down to my bank tomorrow since I just realized I did NOT use pay pal.

I have met Art, and ordered a hat in January to be delivered in the Middle of May {MY choice of time not his} and think I will see about another hat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24