Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jimmy Pierce

Neil

A-List Customer
Does anybody know what the deal is with Jimmy Pierce? I had an order in with him, and everything seemed fine. But I've been trying to contact him for a few weeks to alter the shipping address. No acknowledgement of emails, no returned phone calls. Nothing.
I finally just gave up on the order.
Weird.

Neil

A-List Customer
Too late. . .

I've already informed Mastercard the merchant is unresponsive. They tried to call him, too. So the charge is reversed, which may or may not get his attention. I don't care. Ideally, I'd have gotten my hat, and he'd have gotten his $340, but, I mean, there are other people selling hats out there who do return calls.
Jimmy sounds like a very nice guy. But very nice just gets you to the starting gate. I left SEVERAL phone messages, and several emails, the latest of which warned him that if he didn't respond, I would assume something has gone awry and would cancel the order.
I mean, who wants to deal with a merchant who ignores you? Better to find out before the transaction is completed, I say.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
It's the vapors...Mercury vapors...

Maybe it's mad hatters syndrome...there are a few hatters that work to the beat of a different drummer out there...Some are very good at communicating...some not so good...Some seem like they don't really care about customers, some care deeply and show it. You did what ya had to do...[huh] ...

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
This sort of thing happens with Jimmy from time to time. He has a rocky communication records, usually without any explanation. I thought things had finally gotten better, but I guess there are still issues. You won't be the first to cancel an order, Neil.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
daizawaguy.....

Customer service is a huge part of the hat industry as any of our vendor members will tell you. Even a simple call to mention that the vendor is busy but did receive the messages is warranted in this case. Neil did the right thing. Jimmy Pierce has no excuse for this. Steve Delk has also developed a reputation for having rocky communications but he had to supply a major film production company and a million Indy fans.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Garrett said:
Steve Delk has also developed a reputation for having rocky communications but he had to supply a major film production company and a million Indy fans.

Also noteworthy in Steve's case; He frequently posts on COW if something causes a serious delay, and will respond to e-mails that indicate urgency in the subject line. If JImmy got into those habits, it would help him greatly.

I seem to recall Jimmy posted something somewheres about trying to get a handle on the business and was going to attempt some re-organizing to get things running smoothly, or something along those lines. Sounds like he's buried and trying to dig out.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I do not generally post complaints about hatters and I have no experience with Jimmy and am not complaining about Jimmy (probably shouldn't even have posted this).

But for anyone browsing these threads that may be new or lurking, If you look around there is enough information on most hatters custom and otherwise to make a pretty educated decision. I am not the best with the search feature but even I can find enough infomation to either make a decision for/against buying.

Those on here that know me a bit can tell who I would not hesitate to buy from and who I would not buy from again. The ones I would go back to I researched here. The others I believed the hype and jumped into and wasted my money.

Aerol

A-List Customer
Lead times

Kabuto, I have to beg to differ. Optimo's common lead time is 2 weeks. During busy periods (eg. after Christmas, when all the guys who recieved gift certificates show up) it may stretch to 4 weeks.

carter

I'll Lock Up
He's back.

I spoke with JP just a few minutes ago. He called me this morning. He's been off the radar for a few weeks for personal reasons but says he's back and working exclusively on hats. I'm sending good thoughts his way.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That's good to hear. Do many people have JP hats? I can only recall one, but if there are more, and if owners of his work would like to, maybe we should have a JP hats thread.

Lefty said:
That's good to hear. Do many people have JP hats? I can only recall one, but if there are more, and if owners of his work would like to, maybe we should have a JP hats thread.
Seems like there have been a number of new hats posted that are by him and a number of restorations that he has done in this Hats section.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Hey, guys, the internet a powerful tool, let`s not get out of hand when some of us have not even ordered a JPD. Here`s mine, and I can tell ya that for $160, its a dinkum fair deal (or how do you Yanks say it!?)

jp1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24