Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simon James Cathcart/Cathcart London Problems

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This is noted, thanks Edward! So far, the only viable option I found in spearpoints is Revival Vintage. The quality is good, the sleeves are about long enough (at least not so short that it would be looking off), my only gripe is that their price went up a bit.
My wife Tina, makes most of my shirts, and just about everything else too, but I came across a vendor at a vintage festival name of Chester Cordite: https://www.chestercordite.com/ Their spearpoint shirts are of excellent quality, wash well and retain colour. Never had any issues with them either.

Cocker

Practically Family
My wife Tina, makes most of my shirts, and just about everything else too, but I came across a vendor at a vintage festival name of Chester Cordite: https://www.chestercordite.com/ Their spearpoint shirts are of excellent quality, wash well and retain colour. Never had any issues with them either.
Thank you! Had a quick look at their website, and as far as I can see, they could also work for me. Will give them a try for the next one!

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Same experiences here. I'm wearing the light green 'Artisan' jacket today. Picked up a Shepperton suit as well, got to have the trousers hemmed yet. Some lovely stuff. I badly want the college jumper in the Winter collection, but it's out of my current budget. Maybe if I'm lucky with a sale later on.

I stopped by the pop-up in Notting Hill last week. (Rufus Sewell was in having a look around when I arrived, he seemed well interested in a lot of the stuff too.) I almost came away with a leather jacket on sale, but they only had my size left in the black. I would have bought it, but I already have several black leather jackets that it was just too close to to justify. The leather is lovely, though - a really nice, substantial but comfortable goathide. I'm very keen on one of their Grizzlies when they next are available. The tweed suits for the Winter collection are beautiful, especially the green. Can't stretch to it at the minute, but if I had the scratch I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. The new workwear suit looked great too, in the Vaughn. Same cut as the Shepperton, but a Winter weight hefty cotton vaughn stripe. It's too close to the one I have a few years ago, but if they bring it back next year in the brown and/or blue vaughn, I'll be on that like a shot. The cord stff looks really nice too. I'm tempted...
You got me thinking Edward & that’s a bad thing! Hit up the card for a black goatskin Flat Racer jacket in a 48. Numbers work for me apart from the sleeves but my tailor works with leather as well as fabric and it should be a straight forward shortening job given the pattern. My rationale is that it works with my wardrobe & can go places and be left in situations that I wouldn’t risk my ELC jackets (E.G my tent Unaccompanied on bike rallies). The 40% discount was attractive too :)

Edward

Bartender
You got me thinking Edward & that’s a bad thing! Hit up the card for a black goatskin Flat Racer jacket in a 48. Numbers work for me apart from the sleeves but my tailor works with leather as well as fabric and it should be a straight forward shortening job given the pattern. My rationale is that it works with my wardrobe & can go places and be left in situations that I wouldn’t risk my ELC jackets (E.G my tent Unaccompanied on bike rallies). The 40% discount was attractive too :)

Tbh, I only talked myself out of tge brown by promis8ng me one of the Grizzlies next time they come back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner