Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JJ 2019 Sale: Aero Leather, Langlitz, Vanson, Johnson Leather, Schott, more [40-44]

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Hey everyone,

I have a large number of jackets for sale. Most of them are too large for me, because I bought them too large or because I lost more than 10 lbs in the past year.
There is fit pictures of each jacket. I can provide detail shots upon request. For reference, I am 5'9", 175 lbs, all fit pictures taken with only a thin t-shirt.

Measurements are taken to best of my ability, pit to pit will always be diameter of the jacket under the sleeves, not just front panel or something.
Sleeve length is measured around the curve of the sleeve. Shoulders straight accross back.

Prices are without shipping. Not a great fan of negotiating. I may go down if you buy more than one but for the most part these are priced at what I can imagine parting with them and if I don't, I don't. Not gonna starve next month.
Payment is to be made via paypal or bank transfer. For people I know and or have dealt with before I can do regular paypal if you like as long as you cover the fees. For strangers, it's family and friends/ bank transfer only.

I can ship all around the world, the jackets prices will be without shipping.

I am open to trade offers. I like Johnson Leather jackets, Wesco Boots, Vanson, maybe an Aero in cordovan clx or goatskin, Lost Worlds jackets (I'll cover difference in cash).
You can pm me with questions. Please don't post in the thread as it's fairly long as it is with 10+ jackets for sale and it'll be complete chaos once items start selling and I cannot update first page anymore (still no clue who came up with that genius idea).

1.) Aero Leather Zipsleeve HWM

This jacket is a dinosaur in this world of Aero and TFL. Originally ordered by another member in 2012 orso, it's made from the heaviest (I'm guessing 5 oz) brown clx steerhide I have ever encountered on any jacket. This jacket is seriously heavy, even by Aero CLX Steerhide standards. My Bootlegger in clx steerhide from 2019 is considerably lighter weight.
That being said, the leather feels wonderful to the hands and is broken in very nicely. The jacket has lost its new clx glaze and is nice and matte now but if desired, can still stand on its own. Leather this thick will probably stand on its own even after you cannot anymore. :D There is some wear to the corduroy strap on the bottom hem.
No damage to the leather, just regular wear.

I am asking 450 € / 490 USD / 400 GBP for this wonderful and rare piece.

Labeled 38, tapered to 36 in waist. Fits like a 40 imo.

ptp 58
hem 52
shoulder 47
67 cm sleeve (these wear shorter, imo, see pictures.)
backlength 62 cm

IMG_2785.JPG
IMG_2786.JPG
IMG_2787.JPG
IMG_2788.JPG

2.) Aero Leather Veste de Rallye

Another relict back from when Aeros heavy steerhide was actually heavy. Gorgeous waxy grainy black steerhide. Wear to the tartan lining, small tears at the bottom hem (there's another layer of cotton lining under the tartan, so it's no big deal really). Could be fixed with a stripe of corduroy or leather around the hem.
I like this one very much. Sleeves are on the long side for me but they fall a bit shorter when I wear more than just a thin t-shirt and the leather is something else. Will not let this go cheap.

I am asking 450 € / 490 USD / 400 GBP for this gorgeous coat.

Labeled 36, this fits like a 40 imo.

ptp 59 tapered to 55 at the hem
sleeve 68
shoulder 47
backlength 77

IMG_2814.JPG
IMG_2817.JPG

tbc

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
3.) Langlitz Cascade

I picked this up a few years ago and for some years it was my favourite and most worn jacket. The leather on this is much nicer than it looks on pictures. Great fine grain and ofcourse, being a Langlitz, pretty much indestructible.
It's a vintage piece, there's some to be expected regular wear on the leather. The lining had two holes at the bottom hem. I had these profesionally patched with two leather patches as seen in picture.
Also had a 2nd inside pocket added. As you can see in pictures, the sleeves are long for me. They sit at the cuff when zipped, but these would work for someone considerably taller than me.
Broad shoulders, narrow waist, this jacket gives a very cool v-shaped silhouette.

There is wear on the zipper tape of the main zip, it is fraying at the bottom-most 5mm orso. It has been like that for the 3 years I have owned it. Not gotten worse, no problem zipping the jacket at all. I expect this to last for another decade before it will need replacement.

I am asking 450 € / 490 USD / 400 GBP for this Langlitz Cascade which I feel is a great deal.

No size label, but this is a 42 or generous 40 pretty much.

ptp 58 cm tapering to 49 cm at the bottom hem
sleeve 67 cm (wear longer due to broad shoulders)
shoulder 51
backlength 64

IMG_2765.JPG
IMG_2766.JPG
IMG_2767.JPG
IMG_2768.JPG
IMG_2770.JPG

4. Vanson Flight Jacket

This is a rare style not offered by Vanson anymore for two decades. It's made from heavy brown competition weight cowhide. Brown competition weight jackets come up very rarely. Unfortunately much too large for me.
Worn very carefully by previous and only other owner. Clean lining, leather in extremely good condition, even by comp weights hard wearing standards.
Two inside pockets.

Labeled size 40 but this runs large. More like a generous 42 or 44. Plenty long in the body and sleeves too.

Asking 400 € / 435 USD / 355 GBP for this rare style in brown comp weight leather.

ptp 61 cm
shoulder 48-49cm
sleeves 71 cm
backlength 71 cm

IMG_2807.JPG
IMG_2808.JPG
IMG_2809.JPG

5. Vanson Remington v1

Now this is another Vanson rarity. No longer offered by Vanson for two decades as well. The Vanson Remington as of today has much more panels and a simple rayon lining. But a long long time ago, in a galaxy far away, they made the Remington with massive large one piece front and back panels (one piece aside from the yoke),
with a grey wool lining, two inside pockets, with button holes instead of those strange button loops and with genuine large wooden buttons.

I had the buttons re-dyed and re-sewn by Alan, so they look and hold as new. Soft and broken in competition weight leather and lining in great condition.

Labeled 42, this fits true to size (which is too large for me unfortunately) with broad shoulders.

I am asking 450 € / 490 USD / 400 GBP for this very rare coat.
ptp 58 cm
shoulder 52-53 cm
sleeves 64 cm (wear much longer due to broad shoulders)
backlength 81 cm

IMG_2810.JPG
IMG_2811.JPG

tbc

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
6. Johnson Leather M-8002 bisonhide car coat

With great regret and doubt I am listing this JL car coat. I got this when I was 190 lbs and back then, it already was on the larger side. Now that I am 175 lbs, it's just too large for me to pull off.
It's made from Alans 3.75 oz black bisonhide. This leather is buttery soft and feels luxurious to the hand, yet is incredibly thick and heavy. You put this on and barely notice it, despite its weight.
I don't think any other hide this thick could ever be as soft as this. Very impressed with it.

Coat has two inside pockets and it was custom--made with removed vertical front seams. Wore this for one season, cannot find any wear or flaws to leather or lining, almost as new.

This jacket in this hide and panel configuration will cost you roughly 1000 USD from Alan. I'll sell it for 640 EUR / 700 USD / 565 GBP, no less. If it doesn't sell, fine, I'll just wait til I get fat again. Coat way too nice to gift away.

Labeled size M, this fits like a 42 (or larger but keep in mind it's supposed to be a relaxed fit by default).

ptp 63
shoulder 52
sleeve 63 (wears longer, see shoulder measurement)
backlength 80

IMG_2821.JPG
IMG_2822.JPG
IMG_2824.JPG

7. Ralph Lauren Barnstormer Coat

This was a very lucky find. Beautiful jacket, pretty much unworn as no creases on the sleeves. Unfortunately a tad too large for me. The jacket is made from slightly distressed cowhide. It's nicely done though. I would wear this and give the artificial aging no second thought. Weight has a nice heft to it considering it is a fashion label jacket. Corduroy stripes protecting the lining,
just as on the real vintage pieces. One gun pocket inside pocket. Very nice french seamwork. This jacket was very expensive new.

Asking 250 EUR / 221 GBP / 273 USD for this very nicely done Barnstormer repro.

Labeled M, this fits like a 42.

ptp 58 cm
shoulders 47 cm
sleeves 69 cm
backlength 77 cm

IMG_2790.JPG
IMG_2791.JPG
IMG_2795.JPG
IMG_2805.JPG
IMG_2806.JPG

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
8. Schott Cordovan Trucker Made in the USA

I picked this up on ebay.co.uk. Labeled M, so thought it might fit, but it runs very large. Has the Made in the USA label. Leather isn't too thick or heavy but feels very robust. Pretty much perfect condition except for a scuff on the shoulder back panel which is probably on me tossing the jacket around. Color is very hard to catch accurately on pictures, fit pictures come close though. It's a dark cordovan and the leather appears to be pigment-finished with a red core under it that shines through at spots of wear..

As you can tell from fit pictures, this jacket is WAY too long for my 5'9" frame, both in sleeves and body. This jacket is probably best suited for someone atleast 5'11" tall with a 42-44 chest and narrow waist.

ptp 60 cm tapering to a very trim 47 cm waist
shoulders 53 cm
sleeve 64 cm (wears longer, see shoulder measurement and fit pic)
backlength 64 cm

I'm asking 180 € / 160 GBP / 200 USD for this genuine made in the USA Schott jacket.

IMG_2771.JPG
IMG_2772.JPG
IMG_2773.JPG

9. Leathershop D-Pocket Crosszip

Everyone knows this design. Around since the early 50s, Sears offered it as Hercules, as Oakbrooks, as Fieldmaster and later as Leather Shop jacket. The leather on this is medium-weight. It has regular wear on the leather, brown showing through the black here and there nice patina, no major flaws, the lining is very clean.
Only flaws is numerous pinholes in the epaulettes. Zips working fine. One internal pocket.

I will sell this for 150 EUR / 133 GBP / 164 USD.

Labeled 38, this fits like true to size or a trim 40.

ptp 57 cm tapering nicely to a 49 cm at the waist
shoulders 47 cm
sleeves 67 cm
backlength 60 cm (sits longer in the front, has a little front drop)

IMG_2737.JPG
IMG_2739.JPG
IMG_2740.JPG
IMG_2741.JPG
IMG_2742.JPG
IMG_2744.JPG

That's it for now. Thanks for looking.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
spaceholder for 38 brown clx steerhide custom bootlegger with mouton collar and good wear shinki hh A-2 size 42. will update tmr orso. too tired rn.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
8. Schott Cordovan Trucker Made in the USA

I picked this up on ebay.co.uk. Labeled M, so thought it might fit, but it runs very large. Has the Made in the USA label. Leather isn't too thick or heavy but feels very robust. Pretty much perfect condition except for a scuff on the shoulder back panel which is probably on me tossing the jacket around. Color is very hard to catch accurately on pictures, fit pictures come close though. It's a dark cordovan and the leather appears to be pigment-finished with a red core under it that shines through at spots of wear..

As you can tell from fit pictures, this jacket is WAY too long for my 5'9" frame, both in sleeves and body. This jacket is probably best suited for someone atleast 5'11" tall with a 42-44 chest and narrow waist.

ptp 60 cm tapering to a very trim 47 cm waist
shoulders 53 cm
sleeve 64 cm (wears longer, see shoulder measurement and fit pic)
backlength 64 cm

I'm asking 180 € / 160 GBP / 200 USD for this genuine made in the USA Schott jacket.

View attachment 186398 View attachment 186399 View attachment 186400

9. Leathershop D-Pocket Crosszip

Everyone knows this design. Around since the early 50s, Sears offered it as Hercules, as Oakbrooks, as Fieldmaster and later as Leather Shop jacket. The leather on this is medium-weight. It has regular wear on the leather, brown showing through the black here and there nice patina, no major flaws, the lining is very clean.
Only flaws is numerous pinholes in the epaulettes. Zips working fine. One internal pocket.

I will sell this for 150 EUR / 133 GBP / 164 USD.

Labeled 38, this fits like true to size or a trim 40.

ptp 57 cm tapering nicely to a 49 cm at the waist
shoulders 47 cm
sleeves 67 cm
backlength 60 cm (sits longer in the front, has a little front drop)

View attachment 186392 View attachment 186393 View attachment 186394 View attachment 186395 View attachment 186396 View attachment 186397

That's it for now. Thanks for looking.
Wow, thats quite a lineup JJ!

Kuro

Practically Family
First, I love the coat rack!

Second, I am considering the Schott trucker. Do you know what the model number is? Typically it is inside one of the pockets on a white label.

P.S. The Langlitz Cascade looks wonderful!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
First, I love the coat rack!

Second, I am considering the Schott trucker. Do you know what the model number is? Typically it is inside one of the pockets on a white label.

P.S. The Langlitz Cascade looks wonderful!

Cannot find any labels except for the black with white letters Schott Made in the USA and the white blue letters + flag made in the usa label in the neck and another proudly made in the usa label plus label with adress and number to call in NYC for cleaning in the lining.

ljs1960

One of the Regulars
6. Johnson Leather M-8002 bisonhide car coat

With great regret and doubt I am listing this JL car coat. I got this when I was 190 lbs and back then, it already was on the larger side. Now that I am 175 lbs, it's just too large for me to pull off.
It's made from Alans 3.75 oz black bisonhide. This leather is buttery soft and feels luxurious to the hand, yet is incredibly thick and heavy. You put this on and barely notice it, despite its weight.
I don't think any other hide this thick could ever be as soft as this. Very impressed with it.

Coat has two inside pockets and it was custom--made with removed vertical front seams. Wore this for one season, cannot find any wear or flaws to leather or lining, almost as new.

This jacket in this hide and panel configuration will cost you roughly 1000 USD from Alan. I'll sell it for 640 EUR / 700 USD / 565 GBP, no less. If it doesn't sell, fine, I'll just wait til I get fat again. Coat way too nice to gift away.

Labeled size M, this fits like a 42 (or larger but keep in mind it's supposed to be a relaxed fit by default).

ptp 63
shoulder 52
sleeve 63 (wears longer, see shoulder measurement)
backlength 80

View attachment 186389 View attachment 186390 View attachment 186391

7. Ralph Lauren Barnstormer Coat

This was a very lucky find. Beautiful jacket, pretty much unworn as no creases on the sleeves. Unfortunately a tad too large for me. The jacket is made from slightly distressed cowhide. It's nicely done though. I would wear this and give the artificial aging no second thought. Weight has a nice heft to it considering it is a fashion label jacket. Corduroy stripes protecting the lining,
just as on the real vintage pieces. One gun pocket inside pocket. Very nice french seamwork. This jacket was very expensive new.

Asking 250 EUR / 221 GBP / 273 USD for this very nicely done Barnstormer repro.

Labeled M, this fits like a 42.

ptp 58 cm
shoulders 47 cm
sleeves 69 cm
backlength 77 cm

View attachment 186384 View attachment 186385 View attachment 186386 View attachment 186387 View attachment 186388

Hello.
About the
6. Johnson Leather M-8002 bisonhide car coat ,
please could you send to me a pic of the the Johnson Leathers and size inside labels?

Thanks.

ljs1960

One of the Regulars
Hi, thank you so much.
I'm 182 cm. and my weight is ca. 76 kg.
I've lost many kilos in the last months.
I usually wear 42" leather jackets (LW, Vanson, Schott; Aero always fit bigger, you know).
Do you think that Johnson bison leather could work good on me?
It seems that you and me have almost the same body measurements.
Getting older, I prefer more fitted jackets.
giorgio

Mandarin

Practically Family
So many temptations! Especially the Langlitz, but you and I are nearly the same size, so I suppose it would be too big just the same.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Hi, thank you so much.
I'm 182 cm. and my weight is ca. 76 kg.
I've lost many kilos in the last months.
I usually wear 42" leather jackets (LW, Vanson, Schott; Aero always fit bigger, you know).
Do you think that Johnson bison leather could work good on me?
It seems that you and me have almost the same body measurements.
Getting older, I prefer more fitted jackets.
giorgio
Judging by your height and weight I think it will fit baggy like it fits me on pictures. But I wear a 38-40 in Vanson, Schott, LW so maybe we have different body types and t fits you snugger than me, not sure. Either way, I don't think it will be very fitted. It's a relaxed fit car coat after all.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
So many temptations! Especially the Langlitz, but you and I are nearly the same size, so I suppose it would be too big just the same.
The Langlitz fits me great in the body. It's a bit lose in these t-shirt-only two snap shots but if I put on some medium-weight sweater, it's actually fairly tight in the chest. Just the sleeves are a tad long but they are trim at the cuffs when zips closed, so they won't fall over wrists. Never had fit issues with this jacket. Selling it because I just find myself picking up Vanson or JL jacket instead all the time.

Mandarin

Practically Family
Still, I think it would be too big on me. In fact, I've been dreaming of this model for some time, when three opportunities appeared simultaneously. I pulled the trigger on a model I hope will be the best fitting. Anyway, the price you ask is most attractive, especially in Europe. Good luck with the sale.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass