Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joe Strummer's London Calling

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
This may be a bit OT, but it is too cool not to pass on.

Between 1999 and 2002, Joe Strummer (lead singer of the the punk band The Clash) hosted a series of radio programs for the BBC World Service. These programs are being re-broadcast in the US starting this summer on many PBS radio stations, most of which do Internet streaming.

I have heard these shows before and I highly recommend checking them out. The music covers a full spectrum of rock, reggae, folk, funk, punk, and tribal chants, all introduced by Joe acting out his DJ fantasies.

I have been following a thread on another forum keeping track of the stations that will be broadcasting the shows which you can find here and the first chance to listen to all eight hours of programming will be Friday July 4th on Minnesota Public Radio

If you have diverse musical tastes and remember the days when DJ's controlled the airwaves and not corporate approved playlists, you need to hear these legendary radio shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou