Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Chapman's CD-ROM of US Flight Jackets

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My good friend and flight jacket aficianado, John Chapman, has catalogued over 6000 pictures and profiles of vintage American flight jackets, such as A2s; G1s; B3s; B6s..etc. They are formatted onto a CD, and this is currently one of the most indepth reference studies of these jackets.
For anyone who fancies a 'nosey' at what is on offer, have a peak at this...

>>BROKEN LINK<<

http://home.comcast.net/~jchapman2004/ebay.html
This is purely a 'heads up' guys to those interested...But it's a 'must have' reference for any of us who are on cloud-nine over our vintage flight jackets!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Good to have you back Crunch!

Haven't seen you in these quarters for a while. Hope all goes well with you! Good to have you around again. Yes, John's done a sterling job on this reference CD-ROM. Don't be afraid to mention me to him. All the best!

Captain Krunch

Familiar Face

Yeah, I know I haven't been posting much lately, although I do come here on a daily basis. Last time I was posted, I was "one of the guys", but I see I'm now back to "new in town", so I guess I need to fix that!

Anyway, I just ordered the CD, so I'll see how good it is for myself in a few days.

Krunch

Captain Krunch

Familiar Face

That jacket I'm wearing is a Flight Suits Historical Horsehide A-2. I had them add an 8th AF patch, cloth captain's bars, and name tag to it. And the crusher cap is a What Price Glory replica. I want it to look like Paddy's, but I haven't had any luck. Hopefully the Garcia replica I just got will work out better.

Krunch

ShanghaiJack

One of the Regulars
Looks Good

I ordered a copy, the list of featured jackets is quite amazing.
I'm looking forward to the eye-strain... lol

Tails Up!
SJ

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just finished some more entries for JC's ultimate A-2 reference CD..

Been snapping away at some of my original A2's for John Chapmans CD reference library (as he's continually adding to it). It was a great day yesterday for the beach, so took the Aero 1942 A-2 for a few pics...

JohnChapmanA2II005.jpg

JohnChapmanA2II006.jpg

JohnChapmanA2II058.jpg

JohnChapmanA2II047.jpg
Just look at some of the grain that's been popping up over the last 60+ years! just beautiful...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
And a few of the un-named manuf, A-2 in goat...

THE other jacket (A-2) for John's CD reference library. He's always after pics of original and repro WWII vintage flight jackets (but if you want to submit them to him, give him a shout first, as they have to be shot in a prescribed manner to match all the others. He'd be glad to hear from you).

ChapmansA2CD006.jpg

ChapmansA2CD003.jpg

ChapmansA2CD005.jpg

Better Duck

New in Town
Just ordered John's CD

Hello guys,

After having spent a considerable part of my holiday lurking on this and the VLJ forum, I just ordered, through PayPal, John's CD. This is one of the benefits of having spent time on these forums, which I joined about a week ago.
Had great fun reading about the horse / cow discussion (now don't start again):eek:fftopic: and a discussion about the thickness of the leather of jackets, among other things. In the meantime I discovered Pecards, found a supplier of the stuff in England and order a pint of it which should last me a lifetime.
It's great to find so many people with the same interest as I have!
Right now I am still on my holiday adress, but when I get home I will take some photo's of my 7 replica jackets (all ELC) and post them on Photobucket, which I also joined this week.
Thanks!!

Peter

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
Better Duck said:
Had great fun reading about the horse / cow discussion
Peter

If you enjoyed that I suggest you go back to the early archives of the Classic 20th (URL in Paddy's WWII kit reference library), when the discussion on that subject (and others) got very interesting!

MB-17

Better Duck

New in Town
Hi Mikey B-17,

Thanks for the tip; tried to find the archives and Paddy's reference kit library, supposing they could be found in the Fedora Lounge, but couldn't find them.
Can you help me out?

Peter

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Glad to help...

Better Duck said:
Tried to find the archives and Paddy's reference kit library, supposing they could be found in the Fedora Lounge, but couldn't find them. Can you help me out? Peter
Peter,

Paddy's "kit" thread is located at the top of this forum. If you notice the thread title, you are here:

The Fedora Lounge > WWII > The ULTIMATE A2 & vintage US flight jacket reference CD

If you click on the WWII link, that will show all of the threads in this forum, Paddy's "stickies" at the top.

As for the archives, they can be found using the Search function in the blue menu bar.

Hope this helps, and welcome.

Col. Z

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
Cheers ZF, you got there before me. The link to the C20th is in section 1 of Paddy's reference section, just under the pic of the Aero A-2 with red knits.

MB-17

Clyde R.

One of the Regulars
I just wanted to chime in that John's CD is well worth the money. I bought mine last year and it is just superb. Tons of great photos of original and repro jackets and a wonderful resource for collectors.

Paddy, by the way those are some great looking A2s you have there my friend. I especially like that unnamed "other" jacket!

Better Duck

New in Town
John Chapman's CD

Clyde R. said:
I just wanted to chime in that John's CD is well worth the money. I bought mine last year and it is just superb. Tons of great photos of original and repro jackets and a wonderful resource for collectors.

As the British might say: "hear, hear!" I absolutely concur. I just received John's CD last Monday and spent a great afternoon browsing the contents. An incredible amount of work must have gone in the making of this CD and its contents! It is at a par with Marc Weinshenkers work at ACME Depot. The main difference is, that Marc tells a lot in words and adds pictures to the text, whereas John keeps the text limited and let the 20 photo's per jacket (!) speak for themselves.
A must for military flightjacket afficionados!

Peter

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
John Chapan's Flight Jacket CD is a wonderful addition to the subject. I can't recommend it too strongly. I await the next volume!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot