Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Brown Tumbled CXL HH Fan Back Half Belt Jacket, Sz 36

stitchdown

Familiar Face
Catch and release.

I purchased this off another member here less than a week ago and it was intended to be my first leather. It's a gorgeous piece, but as much as I love looking at this jacket, I'm realizing that it doesn't quite square that well with my own personal style. Putting it back up on the boards for what I paid, plus shipping at buyer's cost, to make room for something different.

From speaking with the previous owner, this was built as standard JL 36 with the body extended by 1". I am 6' tall, 150 lbs, 36" chest, 30" waist, and this fits me well.

The original owner only wore the jacket a handful of times, and the leather is still stiff and it hasn't even begun to be broken in or take the wearer's shape. It's practically brand new and still smells like new leather.

I am new on this site but can provide links/references.

I am reusing the original owner's measurement photos here; I hope that he doesn't mind. Please feel free to ask any questions or request any additional measurements.
  • 3.25-3.5oz brown tumbled CXL horsehide
  • #10 YKK zippers
  • Snaps on the wrist
  • $550 + shipping
PXL_20210330_200813045 (1).jpg

PXL_20210330_200649441.jpg

PXL_20210325_024434276 (1).jpg

rO7Twj.jpg

q5ONnO.jpg

qRHo0w.jpg

3BFiNE.jpg

0Med0J.jpg

a5Rxe2.jpg

JQ4R4I.jpg

This is such a nice jacket. I wish it were larger. I would put a stop to it’s travels. Perfect Halfbelt if ever there was one. GLWS.

stitchdown

Familiar Face
Bump...

P.s. I'm new and don't want to go against the spirit or rules of the forum. If a TFL veteran wants to weigh-in with the general etiquette regarding such things I would not be offended and would encourage them to do so. I looked through the rules and tried to gauge timing based on other posts, but it's not clear to me...

DavidAp88

New in Town
That is a beautiful jacket, I wish they had kept it shorter.. The sleeves are a little too long for me. Just a note, you didn't measure the curvature of the sleeve there; looks like maybe add another inch or so. That would put the sleeves at 25is. Can I ask who makes the jacket?

stitchdown

Familiar Face
Yes, I was being lazy and using the old seller's photos on the measurements. I'll take correct sleeve measurements. It's a Johnson Leather.

DavidAp88

New in Town
Thank you.. I'm the one being lazy. The name is in the description; I missed it completely.
The quality of that jacket looks amazing. Is JL on par with Aero? It kind of looks slimmer. Higher armholes maybe.

stitchdown

Familiar Face
My impression is that that they are more or less on par with Aero but with more contemporary styling, however there are other members here MUCH, much more qualified to answer that question than myself.

It's undeniably a beautiful, high quality piece. It's just a little out of my comfort zone style-wise and I've since managed to pick up a couple others that I'm much more fond of for my own personal style.

DavidAp88

New in Town
I see; I actually like that.. I wonder If I can have the sleeves shortened.
Their website looks pretty break but I will send them an email.
If you ever pick something a little too small let me know, I'm shorter but we have similar dimensions. I'm 5 6" 140lbs, 35.5" chest, 28" waist.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I see; I actually like that.. I wonder If I can have the sleeves shortened.
Their website looks pretty break but I will send them an email.
If you ever pick something a little too small let me know, I'm shorter but we have similar dimensions. I'm 5 6" 140lbs, 35.5" chest, 28" waist.
At a 36" chest, you may want to look at a jacket a size smaller, with 20" ptp or even 19" ptp if you like a tight fit. I got a 40" chest, 150 lbs and wear 21" ptp jackets. But if you contact JL, you'll find they can do all sort of work, shorten sleeves, take in body, everything. Comes at a price though.

DavidAp88

New in Town
I usually do go smaller, but I figured a heavy hb could be a little loose and drape nicely with age. Ideally I go with 16 1/2" shoulder and about 19 1/2" pit, it also depends on the specific cut. It is good to know JL makes such beautiful jackets though. Oh I just noticed the jacket is missing underarm grommets...

I'm actually in the middle of getting a Boar racer from Thurston, and the standard size 34 with a 19.25" chest and 17" hem is just a little tight on the chest and hem, Carrie graciously suggested adding an inch to the torso but I'm not sure that will be enough, I just don't want it to be restrictive.
Anyway thank you for your input, and sorry for hijacking the thread.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ