Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson leather Horween 6oz cxl overdye D-pocket and 4.5 -5oz CXL natural LeatherTogs project

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Okay, let me look - I think I have some contacts to shops that do bespoke quilting. You can also ask Greg at Field Leathers - he sold me 2 yards of awesome Rayon with wool backing for a reline job. He may have a source - problem is these custom guys may have a 10-yard minimum for a quilting job.

Hh121

Banned
Okay, let me look - I think I have some contacts to shops that do bespoke quilting. You can also ask Greg at Field Leathers - he sold me 2 yards of awesome Rayon with wool backing for a reline job. He may have a source - problem is these custom guys may have a 10-yard minimum for a quilting job.
No trouble, thanks again.
I just asked Aero if I can buy their wool backed Quilted Lining, lol.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I can even choose 23oz Japan selvedge denim if I don't care about the extra 2.5!lbs will add to my jacket.....
how about full corduroy?, quite warm, have some plush comfy feel, easy to slide in and out, strong, light weight. color doesn't bleed.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Quilted lining is so cosy:D
Screenshot_20200909_161913_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Hh121

Banned
how about full corduroy?, quite warm, have some plush comfy feel, easy to slide in and out, strong, light weight. color doesn't bleed.
Of course, the corduroy aero uses in my heavyweight half belt is 16 oz, still not warm enough for winter, and it adds at 1.5 lbs to jacket. A size 42 jacket made from 6oz leather weights 9.5 lbs at least with cross zip type you will add 1 lbs of extra leather, plus lining and fur collar the entire jacket will probably weight 12 lbs or so.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quilted lining is so cosy:D View attachment 259764
I really love the look of that iridescent color-shifting quilted lining that Aero offers. I got a sample of it several years back from Thurston brothers and I remember my ex girlfriend looking at it and thinking that I had completely lost my mind when I told her that I liked it.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Great choice, light and warm.

I really love the look of that iridescent color-shifting quilted lining that Aero offers. I got a sample of it several years back from Thurston brothers and I remember my ex girlfriend looking at it and thinking that I had completely lost my mind when I told her that I liked it.
I have to say it is my favorite lining both on new and vintage jackets. It's not overly warm until you need it to be. Perfectly comfortable in just a t-shirt in 5C weather today.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^

Don't know yet, will have to wait till winter...:). I did the reline this May. But definitely feels warm when I put it on indoors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points