Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson leather Horween 6oz cxl overdye D-pocket and 4.5 -5oz CXL natural LeatherTogs project

Peacoat

Bartender

Hh121

Banned
5D235255-7867-4453-8B24-FF76FE44037C.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
canvas doesn't shrink so probably canvas is more tightly weaved probably less airy, when I brush my 24 oz indigo x indigo denim I can see brown dust particle on the fabrics can travel through the fabrics from outside in and the other way so maybe 15oz would be even more airy unless you preshrunk it with hot wash or something.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
canvas doesn't shrink so probably canvas is more tightly weaved probably less airy, when I brush my 24 oz indigo x indigo denim I can see brown dust particle on the fabrics can travel through the fabrics from outside in and the other way so maybe 15oz would be even more airy unless you preshrunk it with hot wash or something.

A looser, airy weave with a leather skin on top would collect and trap more warm air, like down in a sleeping bag, based on this thinking.

In truth, the answer to this can only be guessed at. My guess is they are both about the same, given they are both a thick cotton of the same weight.

Hh121

Banned
Horween CXL natural 4.5-5oz d pocket, simple design like CXL 113 or Beck LeatherTogs. Something like this but with much much thicker hide. (order placed today at Alan's birthday)
5A96F00C-5EAF-46E0-90BA-9B6B24248581.png

JL can get anything you want.

Last edited:

Brian.HH

New in Town
Horween CXL natural 4.5-5oz d pocket, simple design like CXL 113 or Beck LeatherTogs. Something like this but with much much thicker hide. (order placed today at Alan's birthday)
View attachment 257932
Congrats for placing your order! Did he give you a wait time? This is such a nice project I can't wait to see it ready :D

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
View attachment 257932
That pic is what made me get mine, I will wear it until mine develops patina like this an then I don't know i might sell every other jacket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy