Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Jacket

Hh121

Banned
Damon is having me ship the jacket and the fitting back. They’re going to compare measurements and make it right.

I measured the jacket ptp and it’s about 23.25”, they were aiming for 22.75” which would have been generous but tolerable.

I was surprised by his response, but very happy. Definitely standing by their work! Now just looking forward to the reworked version
22.75 would be too big for size 42 if it's 2oz leather. 22 is perfect.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Damon is having me ship the jacket and the fitting back. They’re going to compare measurements and make it right.

I measured the jacket ptp and it’s about 23.25”, they were aiming for 22.75” which would have been generous but tolerable.

I was surprised by his response, but very happy. Definitely standing by their work! Now just looking forward to the reworked version

If you spec‘d 22.75 and it turned out 0.5 too large, that‘s neglectable and within tolerances imho (and won‘t make any visible difference with fit either). Them taking it back is a pure class act.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
If you spec‘d 22.75 and it turned out 0.5 too large, that‘s neglectable and within tolerances imho (and won‘t make any visible difference with fit either). Them taking it back is a pure class act.

I would agree if we didn’t do the fitting jacket and instead I just sent him specs to build from. I sent a ton of pics from different angles and poses and even a video of me moving in the fitting. The fitting did seem tight and short. I went with the recommended changes. So not sure what was lost in translation.

That being said, a complete rebuild was unexpected and extremely generous.

Pandemic

One Too Many

JL are definitely a class act.

When you say complete rebuild, how much are they changing?

I tried my fit jacket and the p2p and body was good - just changed back length and drop. I posted some pics here for second opinions, but it didn’t occult to me to send any to Damon. When the jacket arrived wider than the fit jacket, they were happy to take it back and slim it down to the original widths I’d asked for.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
JL are definitely a class act.

When you say complete rebuild, how much are they changing?

I tried my fit jacket and the p2p and body was good - just changed back length and drop. I posted some pics here for second opinions, but it didn’t occult to me to send any to Damon. When the jacket arrived wider than the fit jacket, they were happy to take it back and slim it down to the original widths I’d asked for.

Damon said they’re going to make a new jacket rather than slim this one down.

I actually didn’t ask for any specific remedy, that was his response to my pics and description of the fit.

Honestly I feel like if we just added to the front length and made no other changes from the fitting, the fit would have been great.

But it makes me wonder if the fitting was a little smaller than the planned dimensions? In truth I never saw what those dimensions were intended to be, I sent them measurements of my upper body. I did measure the fitting (which is where is got the 22” ptp from that I mentioned. However I’ll say the measurement there would be more like 21.75” if I didn’t push firmly down.

All that to say, dunno, gonna talk to him about it more once he gets the jacket and fitting back in the shop.

Even with the cloth fit jackets these bespoke pieces must be so difficult to get right when you’ve never been into their shop to get fitted in-person.
Good on them for standing by their products and making you a new better fitting jacket.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
In person fits really is different. I just picked up my jacket and man does it fit! Lovely leather, dark coffee, smooth and drapey midweight with smooth hand feel and fine grains w/ some striations. They did a wonderful job fitting a mouton collar with buttons too. JL killed it again for me, what a crew

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I'll try to post better photo soon, it's too hot so I had to take photos early Am

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

IMG_3751.jpg

WOW!
That’s incredibly beautiful!
The fuzzy collar is so great that it looks kinda naked without it.
Congratulations on another winner!

Last edited:

Pandemic

One Too Many
I saw the first few pics and thought ‘damn, Jin, you can sell all the rest of your jackets because you just found The One’ and then I scrolled down to the one with the mouton and my jaw dropped. Incredible!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I would agree if we didn’t do the fitting jacket and instead I just sent him specs to build from. I sent a ton of pics from different angles and poses and even a video of me moving in the fitting. The fitting did seem tight and short. I went with the recommended changes. So not sure what was lost in translation.

It seems like to get bespoke right, a second fitting jacket is needed. It would add cost up front but no surprise when leather is cut and sewn.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
I imagine that making a cloth for jacket vs leather, especially heavier leather, with thicker hides and liner, there has to be some compensation made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21