Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Jacket

JL should market this as Shrink to Fit leather jacket

unlined or free floating liner (hickory striped etc that raw denim bros would love), modified type2 with front pleats patch pocket with curved shape and curved pocket flap (without waist band and back pleats), generous shirt collar or shawl collar, brass/ copper buttons, reinforced button placket so it doesn't shrink as much, the hem will naturally curved and have a drop toward the reinforced button edge that doesn't shrink as much. in indigo overdye brown core shrinking leather

Handymike would be happy, raw denim folks would have nose bleed upon hearing.
I don’t like pleats on a leather jacket. :p

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Just came back from the JL store for the fitting of the mock up jacket. I think this will be my best fitting JL jacket yet. Damon is so kind, he will write off the cost of the detachable mouton collar because the completion of the project got delayed. Hope to get the jacket maybe in two weeks. I should also be able to pick up my black Masaye jacket by Saturday if I don't get too lazy to pick it up.

There's a new German brown horsehide (kinda like nubuck), looks great.

*he is also kind enough to make me a belt since a few members ordered jackets from here. Johnson Leather for the win!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just came back from the JL store for the fitting of the mock up jacket. I think this will be my best fitting JL jacket yet. Damon is so kind, he will write off the cost of the detachable mouton collar because the completion of the project got delayed. Hope to get the jacket maybe in two weeks. I should also be able to pick up my black Masaye jacket by Saturday if I don't get too lazy to pick it up.

There's a new German brown horsehide (kinda like nubuck), looks great.

*he is also kind enough to make me a belt since a few members ordered jackets from here. Johnson Leather for the win!

They're great at JL!

My first one is in prodution, another few weeks and ir should be ready I think

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
They're great at JL!

My first one is in prodution, another few weeks and ir should be ready I think

They are almost done with the SFPD jacket orders (total of 14) so hopefully we all get our jackets soon. We got a lot of members having projects with JL so there should be an influx of reviews/photos in the coming weeks/months

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Incoming Horween Seal Vermont French Cyclist/German Flyer with Riri zips, awaiting for JL to fit in a detachable cream colored mouton collar with buttons for securement. I haven't seen JL make a detachable collar with buttons before so it will be interesting to see how they go on about doing it.

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

I'll update the thread as soon as I pick it up.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
How's the leather compared to cxl?
I have not worn this Seal Vermont yet but it should be a real midweight. I believe it's around 2-2.5oz. This particular batch I was shown had a slightly shiny finish, a little pull up, some red undertones, soft hand, it's not dyed all the way through so some teacore might show after some time. I think this should crease rather well and will have no real break in.

Interesting leather choice. Hope it fits well!
I think it might be darker in real life but I'll know when I get it. The jacket has been finished for about 8 days now but the detachable mouton collar is still probabaly being outfitted. This should fit well, JL made a mock up for this project and I requested the actual jacket to have my ideal pit to pit measurement.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I have not worn this Seal Vermont yet but it should be a real midweight. I believe it's around 2-2.5oz. This particular batch I was shown had a slightly shiny finish, a little pull up, some red undertones, soft hand, it's not dyed all the way through so some teacore might show after some time. I think this should crease rather well and will have no real break in.

I think it might be darker in real life but I'll know when I get it. The jacket has been finished for about 8 days now but the detachable mouton collar is still probabaly being outfitted. This should fit well, JL made a mock up for this project and I requested the actual jacket to have my ideal pit to pit measurement.
Nice! Sounds like it should be great. I do really like your choice of leather. It's a leather from Horween that I wish got more love.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
My Wolverine Krause boots are made of Dublin- fantastic leather for boots and shoes! ;)

Definitely one of those Leathers that looks good new but looks even better worn. It looks very rustic with pull up.

I still want a jacket made from Milan! It’s beautiful stuff.
Did you see that brown Milan posted at the SB thread, now that looks so nice! The black milan is a little too matte for my liking.

marker2037

Practically Family
Horween Dublin is one of my favorite leathers, bar none, but I have yet to own anything in it. It's a shame as I've been waiting for that one special boot makeup or trunk show opportunity to buy something with it.

I'd love it if other companies made some of the other Horween offerings available for jackets. That Vermont has such great depth already that it's only going to get better in time.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Same on the Dublin in that I've admired it for a while now but my preference to horse butt is too strong at the moment lol

Agreed, CXL is nice and all but it's better to have the lighter midweight vegetable tanned options as well especially for those who haven't really worn a leather jacket before because CXL can be daunting for the uninitiated.

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
Same on the Dublin in that I've admired it for a while now but my preference to horse butt is too strong at the moment lol

Agreed, CXL is nice and all but it's better to have the lighter midweight vegetable tanned options as well especially for those who haven't really worn a leather jacket before because CXL can be daunting for the uninitiated.

This would've been useful to know when I got my CXL, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21