Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Jacket

X83

One of the Regulars
Jl deer skin Japanese shacket with blue python

Attachments

• IMG_3765.jpeg
    IMG_3765.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3766.png
    IMG_3766.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 92

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Jl deer skin Japanese shacket with blue python
Looks great! Did you go with shoulder zip or on the side or both? Lined or unlined with only lining in sleeves?

I got a JL package sitting at my front door now that I can't get to for another few hours. I hope our neighborhood watch do not fail me today...

X83

One of the Regulars
Looks great! Did you go with shoulder zip or on the side or both? Lined or unlined with only lining in sleeves?

I got a JL package sitting at my front door now that I can't get to for another few hours. I hope our neighborhood watch do not fail me today...
I’ve got shoulder zips and on the side also sleeve zips ready to wear from the second I got it soft yet durable

X83

One of the Regulars

I got a JL package sitting at my front door now that I can't get to for another few hours. I hope our neighborhood watch do not fail me
I always have my packages from Jl have a signature required I’m sure all be fine make sure to post I’m sure it will be an amazing jacket

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Just arrived. KDL-72 size 44 custom cuff and waist band. Heavyweight CXL Steerhide. 2mm variation in pocket top stitching between the two sides. Honestly, I am ok with it, from any maker, in this thickness leather. This one is gonna take a while to break in. A side note about JL's custom capability is that they can split down the leather either the whole hide or individual panels. The OP told me this from his first hand experience. And is the case on some of my builds as the action pleats or underarm panels works better in thinner thickness while the outside shell panels are full on thicker weights. I am back in the heavy weight game, thanks to Steelbahama's 6oz jacket. And I was also inspired by MrFrowns Langlizt, so the quilted elbows. And the pocket top stitching I got from a Star Glove jacket and also a Himel jacket had this detail. Big shout out to JL for another grail. Thanks for reading and now pics,

IMG_7284.JPG

IMG_7285.JPG

IMG_7296.JPG

IMG_7324.JPG

IMG_7335.JPG

IMG_7347.JPG

STPmotor

Familiar Face
just, awesome jacket! admired it on their socials - happy to see the 'out in the world pics'
such a great a idea for a custom CHP...really digging it

X83

One of the Regulars
Just arrived. KDL-72 size 44 custom cuff and waist band. Heavyweight CXL Steerhide. 2mm variation in pocket top stitching between the two sides. Honestly, I am ok with it, from any maker, in this thickness leather. This one is gonna take a while to break in. A side note about JL's custom capability is that they can split down the leather either the whole hide or individual panels. The OP told me this from his first hand experience. And is the case on some of my builds as the action pleats or underarm panels works better in thinner thickness while the outside shell panels are full on thicker weights. I am back in the heavy weight game, thanks to Steelbahama's 6oz jacket. And I was also inspired by MrFrowns Langlizt, so the quilted elbows. And the pocket top stitching I got from a Star Glove jacket and also a Himel jacket had this detail. Big shout out to JL for another grail. Thanks for reading and now pics,

View attachment 612382
View attachment 612383
View attachment 612384
View attachment 612385
View attachment 612386
View attachment 612387
Absolutely stunning

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
The way they did it is more like an elbow/fore arm pad, so it goes from the elbow to mid fore arm. It is a bit more coverage than usual.
I like that it covers and strengthens the forearm area; it‘s an area that has to endure a lot of strain in jackets that I physically work in because you end up pressing your forearms against stuff a lot, its a very natural movement.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like that it covers and strengthens the forearm area; it‘s an area that has to endure a lot of strain in jackets that I physically work in because you end up pressing your forearms against stuff a lot, its a very natural movement.
It's the same with my Lewis leather Racing Jacket. The padding goes right down to the forearm.

X83

One of the Regulars
I was just wondering who’s this was congrats brother that thing is beautiful and I believe is the last of the shrunken horse hide cause i tried
I have something cooking tho it should be here next month I’m just want to be cool like you guys

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was just wondering who’s this was congrats brother that thing is beautiful and I believe is the last of the shrunken horse hide cause i tried

Thank you, Professor X! Props to Canuck for putting me onto the shrunken horse before my SF trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff