Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Jacket

cbez

One Too Many
As a few of us keep pointing out, the standard/unnamed house leathers at good makers are going to be as good as if not better than most tanneries we know as a brand or something. They won't put something subpart in that besmirches their reputation.
I'm sure they're functionally fine and quality, but at the same time they're designed to appeal to the broadest swath of customers they can, so they're often pretty boring.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm sure they're functionally fine and quality, but at the same time they're designed to appeal to the broadest swath of customers they can, so they're often pretty boring.

Dunno about that. None of the ones (and there were several) I saw at Johnson were boring.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Gorgeous. Is that a standard pattern? I‘m looking for a somewhat longer hip-length style jacket next.
Yup it's standard pattern. M200-L. The name is very confusing because it's very different than the M200/N200 (riding jacket) they also have. The M200-L is very generously sized walk around but athletic shaped jacket. Size 38 is 19" shoulder, 23.5" P2P expandable to 24.5", and tapers down to 20.5" hem, with big sleeves and half belt length. It's a gem, but remember to downsize and adjust sleeve and back length to fit.
M200L vs M200 vs KDL74 front.jpg

M200L vs M200 vs KDL74 back.jpg
M200L vs M200 vs KDL74 side.jpg

STPmotor

One of the Regulars
sorry for the double post with sub par pics, but pretty great way to end the week -

first and new JL (their Del-66 pattern block with a couple custom details)

Wondering if I could have tapered the hem line further...but didn't want a seems popping/sausage casing fit - anyway really excited to break this in...Heavy 4oz Essex Steerhide

Attachments

• g.jpg
    g.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 54
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 53
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6808.jpg
    IMG_6808.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 56

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
sorry for the double post with sub par pics, but pretty great way to end the week -

Wondering if I could have tapered the hem line further...but didn't want a seems popping/sausage casing fit - anyway really excited to break this in...Heavy 4oz Essex Steerhide
Great fit. Would not taper the hem any further.

Aloysius

Pretty impeccable and they nailed the fit.

STPmotor

One of the Regulars
Pretty impeccable and they nailed the fit.
Thanks yeah - super impressed with their service. I was pretty off their 'stock' measurements for this jacket and they totally dialed it in while being super accepting of design changes.

STPmotor

One of the Regulars
dont touch that fit

how was the price and turnaround time?
Thanks, yeah...it feels real good. Momentary lapse looking at the flare at the hips but yea, absolutely could not imagine this fitting any better.

I reached out initially just about 3 months ago to the day. Didn't really fit the stock sizing for either the Barneveld Remix or the Del-66 so went the canvas jacket mock up route...so not sure how that effected the schedule...so very impressive just 12 week timeframe that included a test jacket.

In terms of price this was about the same-ish, as a modified Aero Half belt. So very competitive. But not sure about the cost breakdown.

Someone on TFL had posted a picture of this leather on a different jacket in their show room right before I contacted them and I always dug their Barneveld Remix pattern...so no idea how much more or less the same jacket in HH would run or how more or less customizations would effect the cost

Aloysius

how was the price and turnaround time?

Off the rack pricing is in Vanson territory.

Price will go up with a special/limited leather like Shinki, CXL, etc or doing a full custom pattern.

Thanks, yeah...it feels real good. Momentary lapse looking at the flare at the hips but yea, absolutely could not imagine this fitting any better.

There's a good and bad version of hip flare. The good kind helps bring an hourglass to she shape as you get with a suit jacket. For half belts you definitely want an hourglass; while this isn't one, I think it's in that family of jacket.

EDIT: Combining replies.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart