Johnson Leathers black cowhide MC-500

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Did you have them make it lighter or still at the 3.5oz range? Hope you get your jacket soon, can't wait to see another overdye

2. TheDonEffect

TheDonEffect One of the Regulars

Getting it skived, I don't need a 3.5oz jacket, I want something I can get a lot of use here with our climate. Yeah you and me both, might be a minute, I think I was supposed to get my fit jacket this week but so far no go.

Jin431 likes this.
  3. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

^^ cool cool that will be so much easier to break in and have the brown peak through quicker. I'm sure they are packed with orders, I'm not expecting my German HH jacket until next year.

TheDonEffect likes this.
  4. TheDonEffect

Yeah once that cold weather hit, I'm sure people are flocking in now, although talking with them they said they're also busy when the weather gets good since people are getting their leathers ready for riding.

Jin431 likes this.
  5. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

I am guilty of overdoing olive drab contrast stitching. I have it on at least two or three jackets, if not more. I am not a fan of green at all myself but I do like the way that the olive drab stitch makes a subtle contrast against brown and reddish brown leather. I thought it was quite cool and unique the first time I saw it but now I realize that as you said it is the “go to” color for contrast stitching.

Jin431 and ton312 like this.
  6. ton312

ton312

Me too. Every Aero I ever ordered, OD or bust.

Jin431 likes this.
  7. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Shortly after typing my post above I called a jacket maker to inquire about an upcoming project. When the subject of stitching came up I struggled mightily to be different this time, but as you might have guessed I ended up choosing olive drab...

antoine p, Jin431 and ton312 like this.
  8. ton312

ton312

73B36082-F636-4C61-B9CF-E3E180E63405.jpeg

El Marro and antoine p like this.
  9. TheDonEffect

Lol, no worries, nothing wrong with OD if it works for you. And I totally get it, it's very period/look/style correct, and it actually comes off as somewhat neutral and compliments black/brown leather really well. It's just not me is all. And I also have not excluded the possibility that one day I may own something with OD.

It's funny, when I was talking details with Damon, I told him my view on OD, and he said dude, you're wearing a green t shirt, lol.