Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leathers M-120 (A-2) CXL Horsehide - Size 40/42

rothlane

New in Town
Hi Folks,

First time poster/seller:

For sale you have a Johnson Leathers M-120 (sort of an A-2 pattern) that Alan helped me to put together back in 2017. Leather is Horween Chromexcel 4oz horsehide in brown over dye, with brown knits, antique brass hardware, and black poly quilted thinsulate lining. See the link below to the instagram post they put up when they made it for me:

Tagged size is 40, which Alan recommended as the pattern runs large and it fits like a 42. It’s a beautiful jacket and I love how it looks, but it has never fit me quite right and feel like it deserves to be worn more. It fits me well everywhere but the chest (my chest size is a little over 43), so it would probably be perfect for someone who is a true 42 or a little smaller.

The leather was very stiff at first, has softened up a lot but still has some breaking in to go (I feel like it’s about 3/4 of the way there). Creasing in the arms and normal wear on the leather (scratches etc.). As an overdye, it will continue to lighten a bit in high wear areas and should continue to develop some great patina. Knits, zipper, and lining all in good shape.

For reference, I am 5’9”, 170lbs, with a 43” chest Measurements (see pics):
Pit to pit: ~23
Bottom hem: ~18
Sleeve length (shoulder seam to edge of knit): ~25
Back length (collar seam to bottom of knit): ~25.5
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: ~20

$600 shipped in the lower 48, but feel free to make me a reasonable offer. Also happy to send it further if you pay for the ride.

So please, let my loss be your gain and help turn this jacket into some cash to put toward my next jacket.
IMG_4257.jpg
IMG_4260.jpg
IMG_4258.jpg
IMG_4259.jpg
IMG_4272.jpg
IMG_4267.jpg
IMG_4262.jpg
IMG_4261.jpg
IMG_4269.jpg

Last edited:

rothlane

New in Town
Bump, still available. Price drop: $500 shipped in the lower 48.

Thanks for the compliments on the fit. It do like it but it doesn't fit me well doing anything but standing up straight. I am a little too broad in the back/chest and if I put my arms forward (like driving) it binds up under the arms and gets very uncomfortable very quickly.

And it is a tank (weighs in at 6 lb)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112