Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leathers

Rugby

One of the Regulars
And here is my new acquisition from JL in 3.5oz Bison hide. It's just a superb leather. Supple, pliable, basically no break in time, and yet it's thick and feels very durable. Beautiful grain, and out of the box mature character.
The jacket is comfortable and wears really well. They nailed the measurements and styling recommendations. It's more of a wear going out jacket, but it can be easily worn on the motorcycle.
It is a large 48. Not much layering, besides a relatively thick shirt or sweater.
Over all very satisfied. I think JL is worth the price.

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    972 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    971.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
That's really nice Rugby. Fits you very well. This is a full custom job I assume. No post for a year and you hit one out of the park.

Rugby

One of the Regulars
That's really nice Rugby. Fits you very well. This is a full custom job I assume. No post for a year and you hit one out of the park.
Thank you, yeah custom job as I can't find anything off the rack. I've had some adverse results of my silly activities and had to have some medical attention. Any way, I'm thinking of a buttoned jacket next from JL, modified Cossack or maybe hip length halfbelt/blazer type design.

Rugby

One of the Regulars
Hope everything got better.

Here is the one I've asked Johnson about before. Half belt button front. Always thought it was a real nice jacket. Probably not in the overdye CXL though that leather is too beastly.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/johnson-leathers-1920’s-cxl-steerhide-button-front-hb-jacket.103086/page-2
Man that's a great jacket! The only thing I would change is the chest pocket. I don't like that kind. My personal preference for that type would be something like
1678228047991.png

Or similar. But yeah, that's the kind of jacket I'm thinking of. Would have to be a type of leather conducive to buttons. But that hide looks awesome though.

Al 916

One Too Many
That's it..!!!!

I'm going to get one in my size (in black)

......But your white looks great on you!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Great find. Heavyweight N200 with armor pockets.

@Al 916 Ask them what's currently on their sale rack if you are going the brand new route. The M200/N200 and M500 are their core models. If you want heavy leather, go 5oz like Monitor jacket. It will be heavy but wearable.

Great find. Heavyweight N200 with armor pockets.

@Al 916 Ask them what's currently on their sale rack if you are going the brand new route. The M200/N200 and M500 are their core models. If you want heavy leather, go 5oz like Monitor jacket. It will be heavy but wearable.

Yep, this is majorly heavy but perfectly wearable. Leather is as soft as can be in this weight but the jacket actually does feel heavy when I have it on though the N-200 having such a good pattern, it's not uncomfortable at all. But I can see it how easily it could be. Can't wait for colder days, though. It's still way too warm for me to wear it, especially with the thick quilted lining so we'll see. . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner