Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnston & Murphy discontinue refurbishing shoes.

captzak

New in Town
We live in a disposable world now. As a result, J&M will no longer be offering shoe refurbishment. I have a number of their shoes, older, quality models and will now have to source a cobbler. I was in their store last weekend to pick up some shoe trees and laces and the sales rep said he was notified that morning via email. The Oak Brook, IL store was recently remodeled and half the store is apparel now, so they are clearly changing their focus. All their refurbishment info was also removed from their website. I'll be switching to A&E for any new shoe purchases, let's hope that they keep refurbishing their shoes.

jeepjeep13

One of the Regulars
Seriously?! That blows! I've got a pair of Georgetown II's that I wanted to get refinished and I figured they would know how to do it the correct way. Funny, I was just in the Oak Brook location about a week ago and yea, I agree that it appears that they're trying to gear their focus on more than just shoes. There's a few good shoe repair places nearby though.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
We live in a disposable world now. As a result, J&M will no longer be offering shoe refurbishment. I have a number of their shoes, older, quality models and will now have to source a cobbler. I was in their store last weekend to pick up some shoe trees and laces and the sales rep said he was notified that morning via email. The Oak Brook, IL store was recently remodeled and half the store is apparel now, so they are clearly changing their focus. All their refurbishment info was also removed from their website. I'll be switching to A&E for any new shoe purchases, let's hope that they keep refurbishing their shoes.
Depending on what you need done..I do soles and heels...and do them right. I do not however mess with rubber soles only leather for replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran