Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just curious...

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
what's with those lids to jars anyways?:D there's been a few times where no matter what I did, I couldn't get the blasted thing off so had to wait for the mister to get home.

JustJen

Familiar Face
I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old (both boys) so I'm always up early to do my hair before work. I tried the whole sleeping in rag rolls, scratchy rollers, and sponge rollers. Didn't work so well for me as I awoke each morning to find that they had mostly come undone from my scratching them. Not to mention the amount of hair they contained!!

Both boys tend to like to sleep in the morning so I'm pretty safe as long as I'm ready by 7 am. They usually play together well in our bedroom while I "try out" new fangled hairstyles on the weekends. Usually though, I stick to my hot rollers. I end up with a cross between 1940's waves and 1950's curls. I like it though and it works for me for now.

My husband is wonderful about pretty much everything (he's no saint even though that's what my co-workers call him). We both have "snail trails" but those usually get kicked out of the way and bunched up against the wall until laundry day-lol. Sheesh, even our 6 year old has snail trails.

I don't worry much about housework until the weekends. Don't get me wrong, the house is clean but it is a bit messy. I'm constantly reminding my husband, "Would you rather look back on your life in 50 years and say, 'Gee, I had a really clean house', or 'Gee, I did what I could to spend time with my kids'"? That usually quells any growlings he has.

I do hate cleaning. The only redeeming quality I find is that Soft Scrubbing an enameled cast iron sink brings such great satisfaction. Sure beats paying a therapist. LOL

Jen

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
sleeping in sponge rollers...I did that about a week ago, had probably the best curl ever but the worst night sleep!
Keeping house and spending lots of quality time with the kids is still a hard balance for me, there's a lot of evenings when the kids are in bed that I realize I could of done less of something and spent more time with them..parenting has definetely been a learning experience for me, and I imagine it to one for years to come.
Luckily, the kids are now at a point where most days I can get myself looking pretty darn good...I love it and so does the mister!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I've been married 5 years, but we don't have any children. Right now, our plan is to remain childless, but we aren't saying never - it just isn't what we want for our lives at this point. It may never be. I think it is a wise person who can realize that they do not want children, rather than bringing an unwanted child into the world. I don't think I have to say this here, but please don't judge us - we are very happy in our decision.

I have nothing but respect for those that do choose to be parents, though! My nieces and nephews are enough for me! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran