Just got a new radio

Discussion in 'Radio' started by The Reno Kid, Apr 19, 2009.

1. The Reno Kid

The Reno Kid A-List Customer

I spotted this radio in an antique shop yesterday. Mrs. Reno Kid saw that I was smitten and--as the price was very reasonable--bought it for me. I believe it's a 1936/37 model 4568, although I would appreciate it if someone could correct me on this. I have been unable to find an exact match on the web.
    [​IMG]

It's in great shape. Someone has gone through it already. It's been re-capped and a new tuning eye installed. Even with no antenna attached, it pulls in the local stations loud and clear. I plan to keep it in my office at work.

I really love the gold dials on the Silvertones of the mid- to late-30s...
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, it soesn't show up very well in the photo, but the background is a sort of brushed gold while most of the graphics (i.e. the globe) are a shinier gold color. You can sort of see this in the upper photo. I'm a happy guy.

2. lazydaisyltd

lazydaisyltd One of the Regulars

Wow, that's a great-looking radio! Good find. :)

3. WideBrimm

WideBrimm A-List Customer

Nice looking radio. I see its got both AM & Shortwave. Even uses the old terminology of kilocycles instead of kilohertz, and megacycles instead of megahertz! For some fun, if you ever use it at home, you could even string a shortwave antenna between the house and the trees!

4. ScionPI2005

ScionPI2005 Call Me a Cab

That's a beauty. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a long time.