Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got a pre-owned Aero half belt

Edward

Bartender
Sizing - 42 and I'd say that is true to size, if a bit snug.

I've got one in a 42" too.... I agree. All my Aeros are 42, actually.... The fit varies with cut, as you would expect. The 30s halfbelt is the neatest one I can get into and still fasten without looking ridiculous. Looks as it should, though.

As a standard model, it doesn't have leather lined cuffs (which is a shame)

Mine doesn't either, though I have them on my Bootlegger. When I ordered the Bootlegger, I specified the button cuffs as a custom option, but I wasn't aware of the issue of lining - leather-lined is what they provided. They are much harder, even two years on, to button / unbutton than the non-leather lined style, though I have no need of doing this anyhow to get my hands in and out, so it's a moot point. The only real advantage I can see to the leather lining is that you'd think it would be less prone to getting grubby with use, though to be honest with about as much (maybe a tiny bit more) wear, I've not found this a problem with the non-leather lined cuffs in practice.

and the body lining sticks out the bottom a little bit at the back - a band of leather around the bottom hem inside would be helpful.

I never thought to order this on any of my jackets. I've yet to have a problem with that on any... we'll see in a few years' time. The Halfbelt I bought from Aero's sale page. It did come with the leather strip, as per the original custom order. It's nice, but I don't know.... I wouldn't risk it with Cordovan (I did have some minor bleed issues on the collar for a bit, though nothing that didn't wash right out). If Aero hadn't stopped offering it, I would probably have added it to my jackets in future - I do tend to favour over-engineering if left to my own devices. When comes the time for new jackets, I'll probably just ask for the optional (no extra cost, too - as opposed to fifty quid for the leather) corduroy strip. The leather strip doesn't cause me any issues of fit or anything on my Thirties halfbelt (FQHH), but I'm not convinced it adds anything that the corduroy couldn't do.

I'll try to post photos later.

Look forward to seeing those!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I've got one in a 42" too.... I agree. All my Aeros are 42, actually.... The fit varies with cut, as you would expect. The 30s halfbelt is the neatest one I can get into and still fasten without looking ridiculous. Looks as it should, though.

Mine doesn't either, though I have them on my Bootlegger. When I ordered the Bootlegger, I specified the button cuffs as a custom option, but I wasn't aware of the issue of lining - leather-lined is what they provided. They are much harder, even two years on, to button / unbutton than the non-leather lined style, though I have no need of doing this anyhow to get my hands in and out, so it's a moot point. The only real advantage I can see to the leather lining is that you'd think it would be less prone to getting grubby with use, though to be honest with about as much (maybe a tiny bit more) wear, I've not found this a problem with the non-leather lined cuffs in practice.

I never thought to order this on any of my jackets. I've yet to have a problem with that on any... we'll see in a few years' time. The Halfbelt I bought from Aero's sale page. It did come with the leather strip, as per the original custom order. It's nice, but I don't know.... I wouldn't risk it with Cordovan (I did have some minor bleed issues on the collar for a bit, though nothing that didn't wash right out). If Aero hadn't stopped offering it, I would probably have added it to my jackets in future - I do tend to favour over-engineering if left to my own devices. When comes the time for new jackets, I'll probably just ask for the optional (no extra cost, too - as opposed to fifty quid for the leather) corduroy strip. The leather strip doesn't cause me any issues of fit or anything on my Thirties halfbelt (FQHH), but I'm not convinced it adds anything that the corduroy couldn't do.

Look forward to seeing those!

Photos are on page 2 via a link. Cheers.

Edward

Bartender

Photos are on page 2 via a link. Cheers.

Aha! Missed that. Looks great! I was planning a second one in black (mine is brown), though I think now I'll go for a black FQHH Pioneer model - those little differences always make it easier to justify another jacket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL