Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got my SECOND Aero...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
This was a used "Pre War" Irvin jacket. Pics to follow. Some observations.

1. How did anyone fly in a Spit cockpit with one of these things on?

2. Thick and hot as hell, I'll have to wait till my next snowblowing excursion to try this baby out.

3. Fit and finish is outstanding.

4. Came from Denmark (quick).

5. The ole lady gave the thumbs up.

All I can say is wow! I look like a giant black and brown woolie catepillar! (no jokes you bumpkins) Can't wait to see how she handles the cold... real single digit cold.

Worf

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Congratulations and Welcome to the Irvin Club

Congratulations Worf!

Here is a photo of Vince Bunting in his Irvin with Sailor Malan.

Spitfire-pilotVinceBunting-of-Trinidad-and-SailorMalan.gif

He fit into a Spitfire just fine. Though I suspect his jacket was a smaller size than yours.

John

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations Worf!

Here is a photo of Vince Bunting in his Irvin with Sailor Malan.

Spitfire-pilotVinceBunting-of-Trinidad-and-SailorMalan.gif

Haven't seen Bunting's jacket from the side before - there's a more common group shot that's usually seen.
I'd noted the darker fleece before, but this is a CC Irvin, isn't it?

/|\

One of the Regulars
1. How did anyone fly in a Spit cockpit with one of these things on?

2. Thick and hot as hell, I'll have to wait till my next snowblowing excursion to try this baby out.

I find my WPG one to be rather bulky as well. I'm a big guy, but I'm getting smaller. It seems to get more pliable the more I wear it, and no longer feel as if my arms are pinned when I'm driving.

We need some snow up here. As a SoCal/L.A. native, I should be freezing my bum off up here in the Pacific NorthWET. But I've become acclimatised, and I usually find it too warm to wear my Irvin. I've put it on when the temperature gets down to 40ºF, but have had to take it off. In addition, I am loathe to wear it in the rain. Who wants soggy fleece? So it's going to take a little while for it to really break in. I really should make an effort to wear it whenever it's not too rainy, and just get used to being very warm.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Got some pics. Not great but hey. Is this jacket even REMOTELY broken in? Or will I always look like a Black Sta Puff look alike? Or am I more Michelin Man? LOL!

IMG_1022.jpg

Open

IMG_1027.jpg

Front

IMG_1028.jpg

Side

IMG_1029.jpg

Back

Worf (Don't calle me Woolie)

767fo

One of the Regulars
I can tell you what you are going to be Worf and that is warm!!! Nice jacket

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Dave, that is a fantastic looking jacket, and you won't ever get cold in when wearing it. Congratulations!:)

frussell

One Too Many
Looks great buddy. I eyed that one for a long while, but couldn't justify it in the California desert. Glad it went to someone who can pull it off with style. Plus, I'm glad I'm not the only one who still hasn't taken down my Christmas decorations. Happy Holidays, Frank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana