Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got my Stetson Sutley...

Legal Concepts

One of the Regulars
ok guys I got my new hat thru the mail today, the brim is turned up all away around, do I need to steam it to turn the brim down in the front, or do I just take my hand and put it into position?

and how is this hat suposed to look? Does the brim need turned down in the back too?

It is slightly big, so I'll shimm it with foam in the headliner. :)

When I shim it with foam, do I put foam in all the way around the brim, or do I just put a piece in the front and back??

sutmo

New in Town
I'm interested in what you think of this hat since Sutley is my last name! I've been comtemplating buying one, but haven't gotten around to it. I'm curious about the sizing as well. I normally wear a 7 3/8", but I've got an older Stetson in 7 1/4" that fits fine.

-Don

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I find Stetsons run slightly large. I've got a Downs that's shimmed all the way around and it's still loose!

The Sutley brim should just snap down by hand, as Matt said. Normally, the back is left up, but there's no reason you couldn't wear it down all the way around. Also, when you're not wearing it, snap the brim back up into it's original position. I will help keep it's "snapability."

ptjoe

Familiar Face
I'm thinking about a Stetson Saxon and also wondering about how it would look with the brim turned down all around on certain occasions? Has anyone ever worn it this way? Thanks.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'm thinking about a Stetson Saxon and also wondering about how it would look with the brim turned down all around on certain occasions? Has anyone ever worn it this way? Thanks.
No but I wear my brim turned up all around on many occasions. Down all aroun is not my look.

frussell

One Too Many

It looks great inside a car with a tiny steering wheel made of chain, with hydraulics, wearing some high-waisted khakis and a Pendleton buttoned up at the collar. Also known as the "Cheech." All my friends know the Low Rider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou