Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just ordered Aero Windward jacket

RainLikeGravel

New in Town
Bluegrass

feltfan,
James King is a great singer! While you're in San Francisco, be shure to check out San Francisco based THE EARL BROTHERS, a new Old Time Music formation with appalachian background (Virginia, I guess). They sound real ancient, a raw version of the Stanley Brothers!
Thomas

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
windward pictures

OK, I promised to bring on photos of my new Windward, here they are (camera is not working very well):

wind001.jpg

wind002.jpg

wind003.jpg

wind004.jpg

Thomas
Thomas, it's been a while (well, almost ten years!) since you got your Windward, do you still have it? I'm ordering one now as this brand really speaks to me, i have had four originals. How's the arm mobility? it'd be nice to see updated photos!!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Hello. I ordered a Windward once. It was too short for me though. It's about 23" backlength at a size 40. Arm mobility is as on most Aero styles; low cut armholes, sleeves not rotated forwards. It's okay for casual wear, not so great for working or driving though, sleeves ride up considerably.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Many makers ignore the drop front. It's a peeve of mine. It makes wearing shorter jackets possible IMHO.
AGREE! the front just flares out, you find yourself pulling the zipper down all the time. I am in the process of ordering a Windward and I emphasized to Aero I need the length to be 25" maybe longer, because my size 44 civil A2 was specified to be 25", and it was EXACTLY 25", but still feel short on the front, back is fine though. So, I think it needs to be 26" to accommodate lifting. Anyone could comment on the chest fit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred