Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just picked this ELC A-2 up today!!

holdemchamp1225

One of the Regulars
Its a size 36 and IMHO fits great!! It is probably the first FLIGHT jacket I own that fits the way it is supposed to!! I have a couple of MC jackets that fit really well also as they were tailored for me BUT this jacket also fits quite nicely as well. Sorry about the sports pants but I just came back from a nice jog/ I am not wearing anything underneath except a thin undershirt. I don't see much layering room besides maybe a cashmere sweater or so. All in all I am really satisfied with the look and fit!! Also think the bloodchit is really cool but not so certain about the flying tiger patch lol

Would like to say thanks to Baron Kutz (Pete) and H. Johnson for their offer to help expedite this jacket to me from the UK. The seller offered to send it to me directly in the end but still would like to thank these fine gentlemen for their offer of assistance!!

The seller told me that the jacket is 20+ years old and was originally owned by a RAF pilot whom he bought the jacket from. Regardless of the accuracy of its history, the jacket is a DEFINITE KEEPER!

What do you guys think of the fit?

Cheers,

Bruce

rimg0038kw0.jpg

rimg0036sb9.jpg

rimg0020bw7.jpg

rimg0021tx1.jpg

rimg0022pk0.jpg

rimg0023oo4.jpg

rimg0029fo5.jpg

rimg0028ue1.jpg

rimg0026wy7.jpg

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congrats. This CBI A2 looks the part and you have the slender body so typical of WW2 flyers. Wear it in good health.

holdemchamp1225

One of the Regulars
Thanks Andrew, your comments are MUCH APPRECIATED!!

I saw your other post regarding A-2 proper fit and must say I had hoped to achieve the same look and fit as your Doniger!! ;)

Now all I need to find is an ORIGINAL IRVIN, ELC Irvin, and ELC B-3 with the same fit and I will be SET!!

Cheers,

Bruce

aswatland said:
Congrats. This CBI A2 looks the part and you have the slender body so typical of WW2 flyers. Wear it in good health.

kojax

Practically Family
nice looking jacket. i am the same size jacket as you size 36. i just got a gibson barnes a-2 horsehide from them the fit of the jacket is the same as your jacket... enjoy**

holdemchamp1225 said:
Its a size 36 and IMHO fits great!! It is probably the first FLIGHT jacket I own that fits the way it is supposed to!! I have a couple of MC jackets that fit really well also as they were tailored for me BUT this jacket also fits quite nicely as well. Sorry about the sports pants but I just came back from a nice jog/ I am not wearing anything underneath except a thin undershirt. I don't see much layering room besides maybe a cashmere sweater or so. All in all I am really satisfied with the look and fit!! Also think the bloodchit is really cool but not so certain about the flying tiger patch lol

Would like to say thanks to Baron Kutz (Pete) and H. Johnson for their offer to help expedite this jacket to me from the UK. The seller offered to send it to me directly in the end but still would like to thank these fine gentlemen for their offer of assistance!!

The seller told me that the jacket is 20+ years old and was originally owned by a RAF pilot whom he bought the jacket from. Regardless of the accuracy of its history, the jacket is a DEFINITE KEEPER!

What do you guys think of the fit?

Cheers,

Bruce

May i know your body lenght....
I'm looking for an A2 for my daughter...

Thanks

Johan

holdemchamp1225

One of the Regulars
Johan, took some measurements of the jacket for you as well...

just wanted to give you a point of reference in ELC 36 sizing.

Shoulder to Shoulder = 43cm or 17in

Pit to Pit across the chest = 50cm or 19.7"

Waist (which is expendable) = 43cm or 17in

Shoulder to end of sleeve = 61cm or 24in

Pit to end of sleeve = 49.5cm or 19.5in

Base of collar seam to bottom of jacket = 60cm or 23.6in

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Bruce

Flaming_Groovy said:
May i know your body lenght....
I'm looking for an A2 for my daughter...

Thanks

Johan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21